Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Nigerian scams great story

1. Oct 26, 2004 #1
    Probably you also received those Nigerian scam mail from the son of a President or on oil company ... all very CONFIDENTIAL.

This is a nice story:

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 26, 2004 #2
    Its a shame when people's trust is abused, but I guess a lot of the problem is down to the greed of both parties.
  4. Oct 27, 2004 #3
    Well, if you want to fight back against fraudsters on the 'net, or just like to have a laugh at how others have done so, have a look at this:

The thread above takes an hour to get through.... Well worth it though - I laughed and laughed.

Fraudsters deserve no sympathy .........
  5. Oct 27, 2004 #4
    good ****, I've got a helluva time reading that...
  6. Oct 27, 2004 #5

jimmy p

Gold Member

That was a laugh Adrian!! what a loser.
  7. Oct 28, 2004 #6
    That was a real lesson, Adam. What does mugu mean, btw?
  8. Oct 28, 2004 #7

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I wish you had never posted that site. I spent hours amusing myself with those stories! I love it, scamming the scammer!

Recon, a mugu, according to links on those sites, is the name the scammers have for their victims or targets.
  9. Oct 28, 2004 #8
    OK, got it, I will direct everyone I hate to this page from now on.

I was up till 2 a.m. last night reading the scams. It was really good entertainment.
  10. Oct 29, 2004 #9
    Reading this thread recalls my manic laughing during the film "The Flim-Flam Man," starring George C. Scott, I believe. The watch words? Greed and Gullibility.

These "Nigerians" must have learned English at a finishing school. They can be soooo pompous.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?