1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A NMR Experiment

1. Apr 29, 2017 #1
    Hello
    I have to do an nmr experiement. Why do i need a broadband probe head? I have a magnet with 2 tesla. and modulation coils on it with a frequency of 50hz. For example i have a resonance frequency at 50mhz.
    i hope you can pelp me.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 29, 2017 #2

Dale

Staff: Mentor

You shouldn't need a broadband receiver, just a receiver near the Larmor frequency. Are you using the probe for multiple nuclei or field strengths?

4. Apr 29, 2017 #3
    the idea is at resonance frequency the resistor is 50ohm. if something is into the probe head 50ohm it differs. and an nmr detector detects this and shows a signal.
    the problem is my prof says i need it and i dont want to ask him again because i didnt understand it.
    what can the reason be for a broadband signal? is the linewith always the same with this method?

5. Apr 29, 2017 #4

Dale

Staff: Mentor

Um, that is part of your professor's job.

Again, are you using the same receiver for multiple nuclei or field strengths?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted