Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A NMR Experiment

1. Apr 29, 2017 #1
    Hello
    I have to do an nmr experiement. Why do i need a broadband probe head? I have a magnet with 2 tesla. and modulation coils on it with a frequency of 50hz. For example i have a resonance frequency at 50mhz.
    i hope you can pelp me.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 29, 2017 #2

Dale

Staff: Mentor

You shouldn't need a broadband receiver, just a receiver near the Larmor frequency. Are you using the probe for multiple nuclei or field strengths?

4. Apr 29, 2017 #3
    the idea is at resonance frequency the resistor is 50ohm. if something is into the probe head 50ohm it differs. and an nmr detector detects this and shows a signal.
    the problem is my prof says i need it and i dont want to ask him again because i didnt understand it.
    what can the reason be for a broadband signal? is the linewith always the same with this method?

5. Apr 29, 2017 #4

Dale

Staff: Mentor

Um, that is part of your professor's job.

Again, are you using the same receiver for multiple nuclei or field strengths?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted