Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

No advertising intended

1. Jul 9, 2008 #1
    Would you like your first lady to play guitar and sing ?
    Is there any reason to separate show-business and politics ?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 9, 2008 #2

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Well, it's all starting to melt together anyway...media, entertainment, government...all running under corporate control.

4. Jul 9, 2008 #3
    Uh...what?

5. Jul 9, 2008 #4

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

humanino is referring to (correct me if I'm wrong, h!) the French First Lady. She's releasing a music CD.

Isn't Laura Bush due to release a Polka album?

6. Jul 9, 2008 #5

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

OH! I was wondering what he was talking about. That sounds fun. Why not? Afterall, the first lady shouldn't have to give up having a life just because she's married to the person running the country.

7. Jul 9, 2008 #6
    Yes, even though I still can not really believe it. It's like making a soup with a strawberry cone and a turnip. You don't expect it to work. But they are happy together, and she is releasing yet another album. It's not that the music is really bad, or that it's good nobody thinks about G8 and China, it just seems an odd association.

8. Jul 9, 2008 #7
    They are really good at it. She is introduced very very slowly, like only saying one more word per month and sitting 3 inches closer (around 10 cm), and I must admit, the timing is quite convenient for a new album now. But maybe the timing would have been convenient any other time, which raises even more thoughts in my sick head.

9. Jul 10, 2008 #8
    You guys have one hot first lady. Back her prime, me-oww.

[​IMG]

Mwah, lovely.

10. Jul 10, 2008 #9
    Damn! Damn you Europeans! You've got it soo much better. The babes, the education, the history, the culture!

11. Jul 10, 2008 #10

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

We had a President who starred in Bedtime for Bonzo. Let's see the French top that!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?