Politics & Show Business: Should First Ladies Play Guitar & Sing?

• Thread starter humanino
  • Start date
In summary, humanino is discussing how the French First Lady is releasing a new album and how it's not really that bad. He also has some thoughts on the French first lady's attractiveness.
humanino
Would you like your first lady to play guitar and sing ?
Is there any reason to separate show-business and politics ?

Physics news on Phys.org
Well, it's all starting to melt together anyway...media, entertainment, government...all running under corporate control.

Uh...what?

humanino is referring to (correct me if I'm wrong, h!) the French First Lady. She's releasing a music CD.

Isn't Laura Bush due to release a Polka album?

lisab said:
humanino is referring to (correct me if I'm wrong, h!) the French First Lady. She's releasing a music CD.

OH! I was wondering what he was talking about. That sounds fun. Why not? Afterall, the first lady shouldn't have to give up having a life just because she's married to the person running the country.

lisab said:
Yes, even though I still can not really believe it. It's like making a soup with a strawberry cone and a turnip. You don't expect it to work. But they are happy together, and she is releasing yet another album. It's not that the music is really bad, or that it's good nobody thinks about G8 and China, it just seems an odd association.

Moonbear said:
the first lady shouldn't have to give up having a life just because she's married to the person running the country.
They are really good at it. She is introduced very very slowly, like only saying one more word per month and sitting 3 inches closer (around 10 cm), and I must admit, the timing is quite convenient for a new album now. But maybe the timing would have been convenient any other time, which raises even more thoughts in my sick head.

You guys have one hot first lady. Back her prime, me-oww.

CarlaBruni.jpg

Mwah, lovely.

Damn! Damn you Europeans! You've got it soo much better. The babes, the education, the history, the culture!

We had a President who starred in Bedtime for Bonzo. Let's see the French top that!

1. Should First Ladies be expected to have musical talent?

There is no inherent reason why a First Lady should be expected to have musical talent. This is a personal preference and not a requirement for the role.

2. Does playing guitar and singing detract from a First Lady's political role?

It depends on the individual and how they balance their musical pursuits with their political responsibilities. Some may argue that it can enhance their public image and connect with citizens, while others may see it as a distraction.

3. How does a First Lady's musical talent impact her husband's political career?

The impact would vary depending on how the public perceives the First Lady's musical abilities. It could potentially garner more attention and support, or it could also draw criticism and detract from her husband's political message.

4. Is it appropriate for a First Lady to use her musical talent for political purposes?

This is a subjective question and opinions may vary. Some may see it as a way for the First Lady to express herself and connect with the public, while others may view it as exploiting her position for personal gain.

5. What are the potential benefits and drawbacks of having a musical First Lady?

The potential benefits could include increased public interest and engagement, a more relatable and approachable image for the First Lady, and the ability to use music as a platform for important social or political issues. Drawbacks could include criticism and distraction from the First Lady's political role, and potential conflicts of interest if she uses her position for personal gain.