Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

No auto-fill for signing-in

1. Jan 5, 2015 #1

symbolipoint

Homework Helper
    Education Advisor
    Gold Member

Norton Identity Safe will not auto-fill the username and password for signing in to physicsforums. I wonder is this as intended of physicforums, or is this a specific lack in Norton Identify Safe for some forums, or is this unusual? I'm fairly sure that the browser (some forms of chrome) auto-fill password feature work (but I'll have to recheck...) NO. In fact, in regular mode, Google Chrome itself did not ask to save the login for my account signing in to physicsforums.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 5, 2015 #2
    hmmm I don't think it has to do with our software. Maybe there is something in settings you can find, like a whitelist.

4. Jan 5, 2015 #3

symbolipoint

Homework Helper
    Education Advisor
    Gold Member

I will need to try a different computer, and a couple of different forms of chrome-type of browser. Maybe someone with more or different knowledge about using Chrome browser knows more what to do or expect.

5. Jan 6, 2015 #4

symbolipoint

Homework Helper
    Education Advisor
    Gold Member

Now I tried using Firefox 34 on Windows Vista and Norton ID Safe. I tried to create a new login combination for my physicsforums account. That part was successful. Closed browser after signing out of forums. Norton ID Safe will NOT work here either. No autofill nothing. I still must type in physicsforums user name and password. Norton ID Safe will not do it automatically and will not do it in response to a mouse click in the forum's login fields.

sign-in combination saved login&password saver in the chrome type browser (superbird v. 37) will not work either; saves a login but does nothing for it after that.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook