No end in sight!

1. This semester is OVER!

Today was my last final. I think I pulled a 4.0 this semester. :cool:

I am so glad I have all this free time!

Oh, wait thats right.....my summer classes start June 5th, :grumpy:

• Mechanical Engineering 331. Fluid Mechanics (Summer Session I)
    • English Language and Literature 393. Technical Writing (Summer Session I)
    • Afro-American Studies 298L. Intro to African-American Lit (Summer Session II)
    • Art 150. Introduction to Art Theory (Summer Session II)

But after this summer I will NEVER have to take another humanity class. :!!)

(they make us take 18 credits of humanity and 6 of engrish, that's just not right)

Oh wait, then there is the fall, heat transfer, vibrations I, Electronics II, and Materials :cry:

Make it stop, make it stop!!!

Post your academic sucess stories for this semester in here. (I don't want to hear, nor care about how you failed) :cool:

I only got 3 hours of sleep before my exam today, so if you will excuse me, I'm going to go pass out so I can go out and get some drinks with my friend later tonight.

Last edited: May 19, 2006
  2. jcsd
  3. Lisa!

Lisa! 990
    Gold Member

I think you should have resigned from humanity sooner! But well being late is better than never...:tongue2:

4. Humanities classes are inhumane

Kudos goes out to Mattmns for his linear exam, oh yeah here's lookin at you! :wink: :cool:

5. Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Or it's the end of the beginning. :biggrin:

6. :smile: I got a 3.75 this semester, I got a B- in western civ :rofl: :cry: In my other 3 classes (3 math classes :smile:) I got 2 A's and an A+, Linear Algebra, Vector Analysis, and Intro to Prob/Stats, respectively. I had a 103.5 average in Vectors but no A+ :cry:

Congrats on the nice semester Cyrus. If only we can get Pengwuino to follow our great example :biggrin:

Last edited: May 19, 2006
  7. wolram

wolram 3,762
    Gold Member

When Cyrus is disconnected from the hive will he be able to function independantly ?:rofl:

8. Math Is Hard

Math Is Hard 4,915
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

In two weeks my community college days are over forever! w00t! I are gonna be goin to a reel collige now!:biggrin:

Congrats, Cyrus! Keep up the good work.

9. wolram

wolram 3,762
    Gold Member

Hey, congrats MIH, a sure winner :smile:

10. Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Hearty congratulations to Cyrus, mattmns and MIH! Well done!

Umm, I'm still waiting for Pengwuino's report card. :uhh:

11. University let out for me at the end of April so I've bee done for awhile now. I ended up finishing with a 3.6 which is ok but I wanted better.....my apartment flooded about 2 weeks before finals started and I had to live with 7 industrial fans going 24/7 (they sounded like jet engines) so that cut into my studying a bit. Oh well I have next year to bring it up! Congratulations to everyone who just finished, you guys did great!

12. 103.5, sweet. :cool:

I had that in my Materials class last semester. OWNED.

13. Pyrrhus

Pyrrhus 2,276
    Homework Helper

I did fairly well past semester. I was taking:

Leadership and Modernization
    Structural Analysis II
    General Hydraulics
    Hydrology
    Engineering Materials

Leadership was some kind of humanity course. It was fairly boring. We talked about the qualities a leader posseses, types of leaders in society and etc... Anyway, i liked the last project. The civil engineers united under one group and invested money and time on fixing up a local elementary school, which was pretty busted. I got an A.

Structural Analysis II and General Hydraulics were both really interesting. I learned quite a bit. Got an A on both.

For me Hydrology was tedious, especially the project. I spent a whole deal of time and money working on an hydrological study of a river's watershed (drainage basin). I had to find the geomorphological parameters of the watershed, plus apply some other methods i learned in class. It took me A LOT of time. You wouldn't believe... Anyway i got a good grade.

Engineering Materials was the best class of the semester. I ended up making hydraulic concrete!!. I calculated the correct amount of Portland cement, aggregates (sand and chad ["Grava" in spanish]) and water throught the ACI method. The result was an hydraulic concrete with a strength of 180 kg/m^2. All of this was done on the lab, of course. It was the last practice. Got an A too. Btw, when we broke the testtube, it had the correct strength :smile:

Well right now, i am taking:

Highway Design I -> So far it looks tedious :eek: , huge project.

Structural Design I -> Looks moderate, too much to read. It's basicly reinforced concrete design, i got other design courses for steel and wood.

Aqueducts and Sewers -> I got my basis covered, i'll be ok.

Soil Mechanics -> I like learning about it, but the teacher is crazy. All i know about soils came from my Geology I class.

Constructive Methods in Engineering -> Haven't taken the first class, and it's the 2nd week already. The dean of the school is teaching it.

Last edited: May 20, 2006
Know someone interested in this topic? Share a link to this question via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?