No end to box office slump this weekend

• Thread starter jma2001
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Box
In summary, the conversation on a CNN poll about the latest crop of movies shows that the majority of people are not impressed with the current offerings and would rather wait for them to come out on DVD. Some people also mention the option of going to the movies to stay cool during power outages, but overall, the poll indicates that movie theaters are not offering anything significantly better than watching movies at home. The conversation also touches on the release of several classic TV show remakes, prompting humor and confusion about the current year.
Physics news on Phys.org
roflmao, great wording!

Moonbear said:
:rofl: Wish I'd seen that poll while it was still open. I'd have added my vote to the majority there. :biggrin:
The poll is still open, actually, you just have to go to the cnn.com home page and look for it in the lower right corner.

I'd like to see Bewitched, but can surely wait till it comes out on DVD. But if my power goes out one more time, I may go to the show just to stay cool.

I recall when movie houses used "conditioned" air to draw people in on hot summer nights. They just don't have that much to offer that's better then my own sofa.
Expect frozen Coke.

hypatia said:
I'd like to see Bewitched, but can surely wait till it comes out on DVD. But if my power goes out one more time, I may go to the show just to stay cool.
I agree that once in a while something comes out that I'd watch, but it's rare that I feel compelled to run to see something in the theater. I haven't even turned on my A/C yet (probably will need to do so this weekend though), so even that's not a compelling reason to head to the theater yet.

Bewitched, Herbie, The Honeymooners, Batman. I'm confused - what year is this?

What is the current state of the box office?

The box office has been in a slump for several weeks now, with ticket sales declining and many movies underperforming.

Why is the box office in a slump?

There are several factors contributing to the box office slump, including the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, competition from streaming services, and a lack of major blockbuster releases.

Will the box office slump continue?

It is difficult to predict the future of the box office, but as long as the pandemic continues and major releases are delayed, it is likely that the slump will continue for some time.

Is there anything that can be done to reverse the box office slump?

Some experts suggest that studios should release more movies directly to streaming services or offer simultaneous theatrical and streaming releases to adapt to the current situation. Others believe that the box office will bounce back once the pandemic is under control and audiences feel safe returning to theaters.

What impact does the box office slump have on the film industry?

The box office slump has significant consequences for the film industry, including financial losses for studios, theaters, and other businesses that rely on movie ticket sales. It may also lead to changes in the way movies are released and distributed in the future.