No Wuss: The Exorcist Still Scary Movie

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
In summary: Exorcist is still a scary movie.In summary, the movie was hilarious and scary, but the Poltergeist II was the scariest.
tribdog
The Exorcist is still a scary movie.

Physics news on Phys.org
So is the ring.

I'm not kidding when I say that I laughed my way through watching the Exorcist. :tongue2:

However, Poltergeist II... now THAT scared me (the old guy Kain in it).

Smurf said:
So is the ring.

I agree. But only if you don't watch it with a group of people. Oh, and it is definitely only scary the first time through. Dark room with surround sound helps, too.

I did not think The Ring was very scary.

The exorcist on the other hand -- being a true story -- scared me for months.

I remember that the only movie that ever really scared me was Stephen King's It. Of course, I was, like, five at the time. I saw it again about a year or two ago and it was nothing.

Now, most horror movies are just too dang stupid to be scared of. The Ring was probably the best one I've seen done. Texas Chainsaw Massacre, however, was far from it.

tribdog said:

Wuss, the Exorcist 3 is much better anyway.

Way back when the first Nightmare on Elm Street came out that scared the Hell out of me. Every one after the first one sucked though.

tribdog said:
Way back when the first Nightmare on Elm Street came out that scared the Hell out of me. Every one after the first one sucked though.

The exorcist 2 sucked, but the exorcist 3 didn't, I prefer part 3 to part 1.

I didn't find The Ring scary, I guess because I kept pointing out all the things that didn't make any sense to my daughter, who was very annoyed with me. :redface:

The best scary movie I've ever seen is the original version of The Haunting released in 1963 with Julie Harris and Claire Bloom. It's a psychological thriller, scaring you with what you don't see.

Evo - nice costume!

Anybody see "Saw" yet?
Scary?

To tell the truth, most scary movies can scare me if it's dark and I'm alone. I'm mister toughguy when someone else is around, but all alone is a different story.

Math Is Hard said:
Evo - nice costume!
Thanks MIH! You inspired me to get into costume after I saw your "Borg Barbie". :biggrin:

Anyone want to come over and watch scary movies with me?

I'm all alone. :frown:

put off the movies until tomorrow night and I'll come over.

First 10 - 15 minutes of the recent movie "dawn of the living dead" were scary like ****.

tribdog said:
put off the movies until tomorrow night and I'll come over.
It's a deal, I'll keep my costume on.

The Haunting will be on TV tonight on TCM, I think that's Turner Classic Movies? It's on at 9pm Central, so probably 10pm EST.

You MUST watch it!

Evo said:
It's a deal, I'll keep my costume on.
Okay, I have to go to Flagstaff tomorrow and pick up a bunch of money, then I'll go get a plane ticket. Where am I flying to?

Evo said:
Thanks MIH! You inspired me to get into costume after I saw your "Borg Barbie". :biggrin:

Anyone want to come over and watch scary movies with me?

I'm all alone. :frown:

Scary movies are only scary when you watch them alone! I love to turn out all the lights, then watch the movie by myself. It's the only way I can scare myself, otherwise I just laugh too hard at most of those movies.

Nice costumes...I finally got into mine too.

One of the all time best scary movies is Kubrick's The Shining. It is not that it is freak you out of your seat scarry, it is more of a psicologeical thriller. Any ways what can top Jack Nicholson looking like a deranged lunitic and lines like "Heeere's Johnny!", "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy", or "Red Rum, Red Rum, Red Rum".

Moonbear said:
Scary movies are only scary when you watch them alone! I love to turn out all the lights, then watch the movie by myself. It's the only way I can scare myself, otherwise I just laugh too hard at most of those movies.

Nice costumes...I finally got into mine too.

Moonbear looks fa-bu! Now if we could just get Tsu into costume. Hey, Tsu - time to put on your Elvira wig and fishnets! :smile:
Dang! Wish I had a scary movie to watch. I'll listen to Art Bell on the radio later - they'll have people calling in with ghost stories all night. I know I'm supposed to be scientific and not believe in all that junk :redface: , but if it's a convincing story and it's late at night and I'm alone, and the wind is making eerie noises - I get SPOOKED! :bugeye:

tribdog said:

At least we all learned that we should never play with Ouija Boards. :smile:

1. Is "No Wuss: The Exorcist Still Scary Movie" based on a true story?

No, "No Wuss: The Exorcist Still Scary Movie" is not based on a true story. It is a work of fiction and any similarities to real events or people are purely coincidental.

2. How scary is "No Wuss: The Exorcist Still Scary Movie" compared to the original "Exorcist" movie?

"No Wuss: The Exorcist Still Scary Movie" aims to be just as scary as the original "Exorcist" movie. It contains intense scenes and jump scares, so it may be just as frightening for some viewers.

3. Can I watch "No Wuss: The Exorcist Still Scary Movie" without having seen the original "Exorcist" movie?

Yes, "No Wuss: The Exorcist Still Scary Movie" can be enjoyed as a standalone film without having seen the original "Exorcist" movie. However, watching the original may enhance your understanding and enjoyment of the film.

4. Is "No Wuss: The Exorcist Still Scary Movie" appropriate for children?

No, "No Wuss: The Exorcist Still Scary Movie" is not appropriate for children. It contains intense and frightening scenes that may not be suitable for younger viewers.

5. Will there be a sequel to "No Wuss: The Exorcist Still Scary Movie"?

At this time, there are no plans for a sequel to "No Wuss: The Exorcist Still Scary Movie". However, if the film is successful, a sequel may be considered in the future.