No Newbies Here? - Isolation & Yearning for Friends

In summary, the conversation discusses the lack of new members in the forum and the perception that regular members only interact with each other. However, the speaker argues that anyone can join in and that regular members may leave and new members may not be aware of the forum or have other interests.
En_lizard
no newbie??

i don't know why i always see some particular members posting here. some new people come but they soon leave. isn't it because you're always talking to your old friends and don't give a f*** to a poor newbie?:cry: how many years i should resist and put up with this situation till you finally accept me as a member? does it even happen during my life time?:cry: :cry: :cry: i want friends..:shy:

Physics news on Phys.org
That's not true at all.

I'm sure some people don't read my posts sometimes, but I don't read their posts sometimes too.

I know what you mean about people talking within friends, but that's not really what it is. It seems like it, but I don't think that's the case.

Anyone can jump right in.

Try it.

you are always quote each other and only reply to each other threads and posts. :mad: even when you want to reply to a newbie thread and help him, you're only having fun by talking to each other and thread goes off topic after 1 or 2 replies most of the time! :grumpy:

JasonRox said:
That's not true at all.

I'm sure some people don't read my posts sometimes, but I don't read their posts sometimes too.

I know what you mean about people talking within friends, but that's not really what it is. It seems like it, but I don't think that's the case.

Anyone can jump right in.

Try it.
so why there isn't any new meber here? if you notice most of regular gd posters' joint date belong to million years ago.

En_lizard said:
so why there isn't any new meber here? if you notice most of regular gd posters' joint date belong to million years ago.

Yes, but some regular members leave GD.

For example, Danger. He was the popular one, but he's now just floathing about in Physics I think.

New people might not notice this forum. They might also not be interested in chatting with us. They might have another site they enjoy already. Who knows.

Isn't a regular poster, by definition, not new?

Come on, man. Honestly.

What does "No Newbies Here" mean?

"No Newbies Here" refers to the feeling of isolation and yearning for friends that individuals may experience when they are new to a community or group. It symbolizes the struggle to fit in and make meaningful connections with others.

Why is isolation and yearning for friends important to study?

Isolation and yearning for friends can have a significant impact on an individual's mental health and well-being. It is important to understand the causes and effects of these feelings in order to develop strategies to help individuals cope and overcome these challenges.

What factors contribute to isolation and yearning for friends?

There are several factors that can contribute to feelings of isolation and yearning for friends, such as moving to a new place, starting a new job, or experiencing a major life change. Other factors may include social anxiety, difficulty making new connections, or feeling like an outsider in a group.

How can individuals cope with feelings of isolation and yearning for friends?

There are several strategies that individuals can use to cope with these feelings, including reaching out to others, joining social groups or clubs, practicing self-care, and seeking support from a therapist or counselor. It is also important to be patient and remember that building meaningful connections takes time.

What can communities and organizations do to help individuals who are experiencing isolation and yearning for friends?

Communities and organizations can create inclusive environments and offer opportunities for individuals to connect with others. This can include hosting social events, promoting diversity and acceptance, and providing resources for individuals who are struggling with isolation and loneliness. It is also important for communities to foster a sense of belonging and support for all members.