No Advisor Responses to My "SR Clocks" Thread

• Thread starter JM
  • Start date
In summary: Forums are not free tutoring sites. They are places where people will help each other get through some sticking points. The idea is that if a person can spend a couple of minutes to provide that one key piece of information that may snag another person up for weeks, that is a worthwhile use of time. Don't expect people to invest huge amounts of time, although sometimes people here are kind enough to provide extraordinary service.
JM
Why have there been no advisor responses to my latest posts in the thread 'SR Clocks'?

Physics news on Phys.org
Perhaps they have nothing to say-- everyone here (homework helpers, science advisors, mentors) are volunteers, giving up their own free time to post.

Members are more likely to respond to quality posts. Have you made sure that your posts warrant a response?

There are 89 messages in that thread. How much is emough?

It's a conspiracy against you! Whoops, not allowed to talk about conspiracy theories.

cristo said:
Perhaps they have nothing to say-- everyone here (homework helpers, science advisors, mentors) are volunteers, giving up their own free time to post.

I appreciate that they are volunteers.
An important part of my learning SR is the opinions of the advisors. In my last posts I have tried to accept the advisors inputs and summarize my understanding. A simple 'you got it now', or 'youre still not getting it' would help me decide what to do next.

JM said:
I appreciate that they are volunteers.
An important part of my learning SR is the opinions of the advisors. In my last posts I have tried to accept the advisors inputs and summarize my understanding. A simple 'you got it now', or 'youre still not getting it' would help me decide what to do next.
I think no response gave you your answer. I read your posts. People gave you a lot of advice. There are other members with questions. Members will respond if they feel like it, they aren't obligated.

Last edited:
Evo said:
I think no response gave you your answer.
So, do you think that the 'no response' means that 'I got it' or ' I don't got it'?

JM said:
So, do you think that the 'no response' means that 'I got it' or ' I don't got it'?
I think it means that people got tired and decided to move on.

JM said:
Why have there been no advisor responses to my latest posts in the thread 'SR Clocks'?

Good God man, you have over 80 responses in your thread. I just checked my own history, at this forum and some others I visit. In the four questions I've asked on this site, I've averaged about 4 responses per question. I was happy and grateful to get these responses and they served me very well. In other forums, the average was slightly higher, and I had one question generate over 30 responses. Again, I was satisfied with any help that was offered to me.

Forums are not free tutoring sites. They are places where people will help each other get through some sticking points. The idea is that if a person can spend a couple of minutes to provide that one key piece of information that may snag another person up for weeks, that is a worthwhile use of time. Don't expect people to invest huge amounts of time, although sometimes people here are kind enough to provide extraordinary service.

I'm not going to try to speculate on why you didn't get the answers you needed, but there are many possibilities. My advice is that you spend your time trying to analyze why, and then solve that problem, rather than complain. I can guarantee that the reason is NOT that people here are unwilling to help.

1. Why are there no advisor responses to my "SR Clocks" thread?

There could be a variety of reasons why there are no advisor responses to your thread. It is possible that your thread may not have caught the attention of any advisors, or that the advisors do not have enough knowledge or expertise in the topic you are discussing. Additionally, it is possible that the advisors may be busy with other tasks and have not had a chance to respond yet.

2. How can I increase the chances of getting advisor responses to my "SR Clocks" thread?

One way to increase the chances of getting advisor responses to your thread is to make sure your thread is clear, concise, and well-organized. Also, try to include specific and relevant details in your thread that may spark the interest of advisors. You can also reach out to advisors directly and ask for their input on your thread.

3. Is it normal to not receive any advisor responses on my "SR Clocks" thread?

Yes, it is normal to not receive any advisor responses on your thread. It is important to remember that advisors are not always available to respond to every thread, and some threads may not generate a lot of interest or discussion.

4. Should I be concerned if I don't get any advisor responses on my "SR Clocks" thread?

If you are not receiving any advisor responses on your thread, it is always a good idea to reassess your thread and make sure it is clear and relevant. However, it is important to keep in mind that not all threads will receive responses and it does not necessarily mean there is anything wrong with your thread or your ideas.

5. What should I do if I don't get any helpful advisor responses on my "SR Clocks" thread?

If you are not receiving any helpful advisor responses on your thread, you can try reaching out to different advisors or posting your thread in a different forum. You can also try to gather feedback from other members or conduct your own research to find the information you are looking for. Remember to always be respectful and understanding towards advisors, as they are volunteers and may not always be able to provide the level of support you are seeking.