Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

No sceptic has debunked his 23 proves for afterlife

1. Aug 15, 2005 #1
    http://www.victorzammit.com/

no sceptic has debunked his 23 proves for afterlife. So, what do you think?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 15, 2005 #2

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Complete nonsense.

4. Aug 15, 2005 #3
    Complete nonsense seconded.

5. Aug 15, 2005 #4

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

He's asking for people to debunk every piece of evidence ever presented for the paranormal. An utterly impossible task and therefore an unfair one. His unclaim is self-debunking.

Anyway, I disagree that it's nonsense: for it to be nonsense, he actually has to make concise, positive claims, which he does not appear to do. Its not nonsense, its just meaningless word-salad.

6. Aug 15, 2005 #5

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

:rofl:
    A very good point; a meaningless word-salad it is (or possibly a foul brew of wordy stew).

7. Aug 15, 2005 #6

Phobos

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

caveat: this is from a 1 minute scan of his website...
    Anecdotal evidence is essentially useless except as a starting point for real research. Looks like you can expect arguments mainly consisting of quotes from true believers and famous people. I see that he was quick to use Einstein's "mediocre minds" quote (a favorite among crackpots).

8. Aug 15, 2005 #7
    Oh, noone took time to examine the evidences he presents. I guess you all came with made up mind about the topic. Now dont tell me you are objective about the paranormal. You are just afraid that your beliefs might be wrong as many are.

9. Aug 15, 2005 #8
    Gee what a surprise, you had an agenda. Well for starters he uses "NDE" as proof. Too bad NDEs are bs since a certain percentage of people get the experience the exact same "afterlife" when they just pass out with no risk of death at all due to a shock like state. Of course people can say "well my experience surely was more than that" but that's not proof. A statement is not scientific proof.

And besides when a crackpot decides to take on the stagnated and dogmatic mainstream science the burden of proof lies on him, not on the people who actually practice sciences.

10. Aug 15, 2005 #9
    i did not come to this forum with an agenda. I found the link on my uni student forum as i am preparing for a test. But when i found that forum about scepticism and debunked i thought to myself why not to post to see the responses. It's kinda hard for me to understand close-minded sceptics.

If you want to learn about NDE i suggest you this site

www.near-death.com

11. Aug 15, 2005 #10
    Is there a list somewhere of his "23 proofs". The whole page is densely packed with a collage of things, and I don't know where I'm supposed to look for his "proofs".

12. Aug 16, 2005 #11
    a book is on the right and you can d/l it for free.

13. Aug 16, 2005 #12
    Meaningless word-salad sounds like a good description of the page, but I personally wouldn't use it becouse it might be offenisive to some salads

14. Aug 16, 2005 #13

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Yes, russ watters made an unforgivable mistake here:
    He really should have written: "A tasteless, meaningless word-salad"

15. Aug 16, 2005 #14

Pengwuino

Gold Member

16. Aug 16, 2005 #15

SGT

From Chapter 6:
    I don't know from where did Zammit get the information that less than one ounce of matter destroyed Hiroshima, but supposing he is right, the dematerialization of a 75kg man would provide energy to destroy a whole country.

17. Aug 16, 2005 #16

russ_watters

Unless there is a concise list of 23 proofs, saying there is a list of 23 proofs is a little misleading, don't you think??
    There is much in that site (the above, first and foremost) that sets off the "skeptic alarm" of even the most open-minded skeptic (no, "open-minded skeptic is not a contradiction in terms).

18. Aug 16, 2005 #17

russ_watters

I had a salad for lunch (chef salad, French dressing), and meant no offense.

19. Aug 16, 2005 #18
    Yeah, why can't there be some magical vortex where you can go faster than light, despite all the evidence to the contrary! Oh I have another idea I just pulled out of my ass! What if you go so fast you like totally swirl out of our dimension and into another! That hangs together so well it must be true!

Gez, it's like listening a stoner talk about philosophy.

20. Oct 4, 2008 #19
    Re: afterlife

you must study the heart and brain ... what makes those organs function .. is it energy that keeps the life force going. I dont think food and water and air is enough to power the emount of energy that the concious mind produces. They say energy can not be created or destroyed. That is proof to me there is some type of after life, in a sense that the energy, or life force energy that keeps the brain and heart going transfers form. Like everthing else. That is also proof that we are all one energy broken up in all types of forms.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?