Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

No Special Creation - Hypothesis

1. Dec 4, 2004 #1
    Most religious texts posit that our universe is a special creation. But if our universe is actually a quantum superposition of all possible universes, then no particular universe would be preferred over another. There would be a symmetry among all possible universes.

There can be no no special, or "preferred" creation.

All possibilities can exist.

Symmetry demands it.

Symmetry itself, does not need a "creator", since, one can describe nothingness, or "non-existence" to be a condition of perfect indistinguishability and therefore it becomes a perfect symmetry.
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2004
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 20, 2004 #2
    Or, at least one would think. :wink: But how does one define, that which does not lend itself to be defined?
  4. Dec 20, 2004 #3
    Are you speaking about your point?
  5. Dec 21, 2004 #4
    Well, it seems like there would have to be something first, before you could even begin to describe "nothing."
  6. Dec 22, 2004 #5
    You’re such a good sport, Iacchus32. You deserve better than me!

Ah, I am reminded of presupposing a subject in order to behold an object.
    If you'll promise to eventually ban me I'll join your forum and we can talk at length about it. :approve:
  7. Dec 23, 2004 #6
    By virtue of the fact that something exists, lends itself to be described ... if, we have an eye witness that is. :wink:
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?