Are Vampires Really Banned from Boston Latin School?

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    School
In summary, the headmaster of Boston Latin School, Lynne Moone Teta, denies rumors of vampires roaming the halls and instead attributes it to the creativity of students. However, this is not the only school to have strange occurrences as a troll once visited a Norwegian school and was captured in a painting by Theodor Kittelsen. On a lighter note, a school in America has a problem with vampire goldfish while Fresno suffers from a penguin infestation. One person stands up against discrimination towards vampires and believes they deserve a good education just like anyone else.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
BOSTON -- The headmaster of one of the city's most prestigious exam schools is dealing with an unusual rumor sweeping student classrooms.

There are no vampires at Boston Latin School, says headmaster Lynne Moone Teta.

Seriously.

Students at the school, which was founded in 1635, began e-mailing news organizations Wednesday night with the strange story of vampires roaming the halls...
http://www.thebostonchannel.com/cnn-news/19020075/detail.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Only in America! :biggrin:

Neither do trolls often visit Norwegian schools, but once, one of them ventured down the capital's high street (Karl Johan), although Henrik Ibsen refused to believe in him.

Theodor Kittelsen documented the event for posterity:
http://mm.aftenbladet.no/multimedia/dynamic/00264/cci-Aft-20090117-1-_264828c.jpg

Henrik Ibsen is the guy in the top hat, above the lower right corner.

Wish i could say the same for my school...

tiny-tim said:

And on this forum :eek:

eek!

Dadface said:
And on this forum :eek:

you mean …

the vampire goldfish? …
http://www.bbc.co.uk/southerncounties/community/customer_care/colin_halloween_270.jpg​

tiny-tim said:

I think Vlad the Impaler would object to that comment.

Pengwuino said:
Wish i could say the same for my school...

Yeah, but even worse: I hear they have a real penguin problem in Fresno.

I for one, will not stand for this blatant discrimination against vampires. Vampires deserve just as good an education as anyone. I've never met a Vampire I didn't like.

1. Why is the book titled "No Vampires At Our School"?

The book is titled "No Vampires At Our School" because it centers around a school where there are no vampires present. The main character, a scientist, is on a mission to prove that vampires do not exist, despite the popular belief among her classmates.

2. Is this book based on real scientific research?

While the book does incorporate elements of scientific thinking and experimentation, it is a work of fiction and not based on any specific research. However, the book does touch on the scientific method and encourages critical thinking and skepticism.

3. How does the main character use the scientific method to prove that vampires don't exist?

The main character uses the scientific method by forming a hypothesis (vampires do not exist), conducting experiments and observations to test this hypothesis, and analyzing the results to come to a conclusion. She also considers alternative explanations for the phenomena she observes, which is a key aspect of the scientific method.

4. What age group is this book appropriate for?

This book is appropriate for middle-grade readers, typically ages 8-12. However, older readers may also enjoy the story and themes presented in the book.

5. Will readers learn anything about science from reading this book?

Yes, readers will learn about the scientific method and critical thinking through the story and actions of the main character. The book also touches on topics such as observation, experimentation, and the importance of evidence in forming conclusions.

Back