• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

Nobody can solve my Nuclear Reactor Physics Question? please help me

• Thread starter cimgo1903
  • Start date
nobody can solve my Nuclear Reactor Physics Question? please help me!!

In the centre of the core of a 1000 MWe BWR, the observed fission rate is 1.7×1012 cm-3 s-1 and the observed temperature of the fuel is 800 oC. What will be the fission rate at the same location if the temperature is raised to 1000 oC? (Hint, Σf is a non- 1/v cross-section.)

Rx(r,E,t) = Σx(r,E) v n(r,E,t) i dont know it is the right way or not. for non-1/v cross section:
Ra=ga(T)Σa(E00

and i dont know how can i use temperature for this problem?

Last edited:

Answers and Replies

fzero
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member

You should show some of your own work before expecting help here. What equations might be relevant to the solution? What have you tried so far that hasn't worked?

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor

In the centre of the core of a 1000 MWe BWR, the observed fission rate is 1.7×1012 cm-3 s-1 and the observed temperature of the fuel is 800 oC. What will be the fission rate at the same location if the temperature is raised to 1000 oC? (Hint, Σf is a non- 1/v cross-section.)

Rx(r,E,t) = Σx(r,E) v n(r,E,t) i dont know it is the right way or not. for non-1/v cross section:
Ra=ga(T)Σa(E00

and i dont know how can i use temperature for this problem?
Consider ga(T).

Assume the flux and energy spectrum are the same. Then consider ga(800 °C) and ga(1000 °C).

ı' ve already done it . Thank you for you atteniton