Solving Homework Problems: Understanding Ax and Ay Equations | Get Help Now

• Thread starter jaytm2291
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses how to find the angles between a vector B and the x, y, and z axes. The solution involves using the formula B * cos(angle) = Bx/By/Bz and converting radians to degrees. The final angles between B and the axes are 39.8055 degrees, 59.1930 degrees, and 67.4114 degrees.
jaytm2291
1. Homework Statement
http://gyazo.com/f4c02f2a57b24a39dfee575837e0a807.png

2. Homework Equations
Ax = A cos (?)
Ay = A sin(?)

3. The Attempt at a Solution
I tried putting the magnitude of x cos (?) but honestly have no idea what to do. Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
Angle between B and x-axis: arccos(6/sqrt(61))
Angle between B and y-axis: arccos(4/sqrt(61))
Angle between B and z-axis: arccos(3/sqrt(61))

Where did you get those numberts?

jaytm2291 said:
Where did you get those numberts?

B = 6i + 4j + 3z

Bx = B * cos(angle between x-axis and vector B) ->>cos(angle) = Bx / B ->> angle = arccos(Bx/B)

By = B * cos(angle between y-axis and vector B) ->>cos(angle) = By / B ->> angle = arccos(By/B)

Bz = B * cos(angle between z-axis and vector B) ->>cos(angle) = Bz / B ->> angle = arccos(Bz/B)

B = sqrt(6^2 + 4^2 + 3^2) = sqrt(61)

angle between x-axis and B = arccos(6/sqrt(61))
angle between y-axis and B = arccos(4/sqrt(61))
angle between z-axis and B = arccos(3/sqrt(61))

This is wrong. ?

jaytm2291 said:
This is wrong. ?

You didnt convert radians to degrees did you, no you didn't

You done didn't, did ya..

x-axis and B = 39.8055 degrees
y-axis and B = 59.1930 degrees
z-axis and B = 67.4114 degrees

=) Thank you.

1. Why do I feel like nobody wants to help me?

Feeling like nobody wants to help you can stem from a variety of factors, such as low self-esteem, past negative experiences, or a lack of social support. It's important to identify the root cause of these feelings and work on building your confidence and reaching out to others for help.

2. How can I get others to help me?

The best way to get others to help you is to be clear and direct about your needs. Communicate clearly and respectfully, and be open to receiving help. Additionally, building strong relationships and being there for others when they need help can increase the likelihood of them wanting to help you in return.

3. What can I do if I feel like I have no one to turn to for help?

If you feel like you have no one to turn to for help, it's important to reach out to professional resources, such as therapists or support groups. You can also try joining online communities or volunteering, which can help you build new connections and support networks.

4. Is it okay to ask for help?

Absolutely. Asking for help is a sign of strength, not weakness. It takes courage to admit that you need assistance, and it shows that you are willing to take steps towards improving your situation.

5. What can I do if I am met with rejection when asking for help?

Rejection can be difficult, but it's important to remember that it's not a reflection of your worth as a person. Instead of dwelling on the rejection, try reaching out to someone else or finding alternative solutions. Remember that it's okay to ask for help from multiple sources.