1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Nodal analysis help

1. Oct 17, 2015 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    Using nodal analisis we need obtain the differential equation

2. The attempt at a solution

For I1 and take the point under C as reference, but i am stuck on it
    PA170007.JPG

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 18, 2015 #2

NascentOxygen

Staff: Mentor

Hi Jair Gutierrez. :welcome:

The next step here is to add those 3 currents, and equate the result to 0; this gives you your second order DE.

You don't have the right expression for I1, the current in an inductor.

4. Oct 18, 2015 #3

gneill

Is Va entirely arbitrary or does it have some particular form? I'm assuming it's a source rather than the desired output from some initial value conditions of the circuit... the problem statement is rather vague.

5. Oct 18, 2015 #4
    Hi thanks for your anwers, yes I1 is an inductor,
    I1=integral of (Va-V1)/L, but in all this equations where i use the resistor R, i think R is part of I1, but i dont know how write the equation in this case.

Here is the original exercise, 5.15 PA150002.JPG

6. Oct 18, 2015 #5
    In my node i have 3 currents, I1, I2, I3, i think R is part of I1, but how I involve R1 to form part of the equation for I1

PA180009.JPG

7. Oct 18, 2015 #6

gneill

The potential at the left side of L1 is not Va since, as you say the resistor R is between it and the reference node. There will be a potential drop across R due to ##I_1##. So the potential across L1 is going to be something like: ##(-I_1 R + V_a - V_1)##.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted