Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Nodal analysis with TI-84

1. Dec 12, 2008 #1

I was wondering if it's possible to solve nodal analysis problems that include rectangle and polar form using the TI-84. It just gives me an error when I put in "i" as in imaginary when trying to put up my matrix. I've read it's possible to do with the TI-89, but I'd really rather not spend the money if it's possible to do on my current calculator. For example the TI-89 has the "∠" sign which the TI-84 doesn't seem to have, except for the "5e^(90i)" etc which isn't really something I want to use in bigger problems.

Thanks in advance!
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 12, 2008 #2
  4. Jul 18, 2010 #3
    To solve a matrix with polar or rectangular elements in TI-84, is unlikely possible. I use TI-89 Titanium to solve this kind of problem. Or if you have access to matlab, you can use it to solve the problem.
  5. Jul 18, 2010 #4
    Scilab is also a very capable Matlab-like suite developed by a huge French Government team. It's FREE! and very well supported.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?