Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: Node analysis

1. Dec 22, 2017 #21

The Electrician

Gold Member

Here is the substitution of your equation (2) into equation (1) in the kind of detail you should have shown. You just haven't shown enough detail to make it easy to follow what you did.

Mistake.png

At the point where you have "(1) + (2) =" you made a simple arithmetic mistake. You should have added .5 and .25 and gotten .75, but you made a mistake.

2. Dec 22, 2017 #22
    ok thanks so much guys i hope my algebra is up to it. i see what i come up with

3. Dec 22, 2017 #23
    thanks electrician and gneil you put in alot of work for this thanks so much

4. Dec 22, 2017 #24
    hope my answer comes out as -9.18 +j17.31 like my spread sheet answer from first attemp.

5. Dec 22, 2017 #25
    wow it worked thanks you guys your great. answers dead on. As you may have guessed i am doing a distance learning course and have no teachers to help so you guys have been wonder full. the material i have is also lame and my confidence has been crushed a bit. thanks and you guys and happy Christmas to all. i will study hard now for my next assignments on three phase.

6. Dec 22, 2017 #26

gneill

Staff: Mentor

Good luck in your studies!

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted