Where Can I Find Resources for Building an RC Heli?

In summary: Just make sure to reinforce it with some fiberglass or carbon fiber to keep it rigid.In summary, according to the information provided, the typical parts of an RC helicopter are as follows: a fuselage, a canopy, a main rotor, flybars, engine, push rods, tail rotors, servos, TX batteries, and boom. Books and websites that may be helpful in building an RC helicopter include the ones provided, as well as manuals or guides for specific models.
Anamar
I wanted to build a RC Heli., can anyone tell me all the parts to make a RC heli(helicopter)..? or a website that contains it..

Physics news on Phys.org
Try looking at current designs to get ideas. I suggest you start electric and look in the 450 size range.

Yeah! That's great.. According to my knowledge, the typical parts of a radio controlled helicopter is as follows:
a) Fuselage i)Canopy p) Rx batteries
b) Main Rotor j) Landing Skid q) Receiver (Rx)
c) Flybars k) Engine r) Push rods
d)Tail Rotors l) Fuel tank s) Transmitter (TX)
e)Main Rotor Blade m) Servos t) TX batteries
f) Tail Rotor blades n) Swash plate
h) Paddles o) Tail boom
I think these parts may change with the model...

[PLAIN]http://www.rcaeronautics4dodos.filipinovegetarianrecipe.com/images/heli_parts.gif
This is the nomenclature of an RC Heli...

Last edited by a moderator:
Anamar said:
[PLAIN]http://www.rcaeronautics4dodos.filipinovegetarianrecipe.com/images/heli_parts.gif
This is the nomenclature of an RC Heli...

Great job, keep up the learning! What I would not suggest is that you look online at a parts vendor to get the exact names of all the pieces you have in that picture you found.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cyrus said:
Great job, keep up the learning! What I would not suggest is that you look online at a parts vendor to get the exact names of all the pieces you have in that picture you found.
Thank you! While trying for parts I got an idea to try for a manual on building a RC Heli..
So I had to search for books. Can you suggest me some books, or ebooks, or websites which give detail theory and practical about building an RC.

Anamar said:
Thank you! While trying for parts I got an idea to try for a manual on building a RC Heli..
So I had to search for books. Can you suggest me some books, or ebooks, or websites which give detail theory and practical about building an RC.

Anamar, the links you provided are pretty good. My only recommendation is that unless you're both an accomplished aero/mech engineer and machinist, you go with commercially-produce blades and controls for those blades (including tail rotar).

As for the body, boom, skids, etc., I think a child's lunchbox would work well enough!

1. What is nomenclature in relation to RC helicopters?

Nomenclature refers to the system of naming or labeling parts, components, and specifications of RC helicopters. It is used to identify and differentiate between different models and types of RC helicopters.

2. Why is nomenclature important in the RC helicopter industry?

Nomenclature is important in the RC helicopter industry because it allows for clear communication and understanding among manufacturers, hobbyists, and enthusiasts. It ensures that everyone is using the same terminology when discussing RC helicopters, making it easier to compare and contrast different models and their features.

3. How is nomenclature determined for RC helicopters?

Nomenclature for RC helicopters is determined by the manufacturer and often follows a standardized system. This can include using letters and numbers to indicate the size, type, and features of the helicopter. For example, a helicopter labeled as "RC-12X" may indicate that it is a 12-inch coaxial model with advanced features.

4. Are there any common abbreviations used in RC helicopter nomenclature?

Yes, there are several common abbreviations used in RC helicopter nomenclature. Some of the most frequently used ones include RTF (Ready-to-Fly), BNF (Bind-N-Fly), ARF (Almost-Ready-to-Fly), and BNF (Bind-N-Fly).

5. Is nomenclature the same for all RC helicopter brands?

No, nomenclature may vary slightly between different RC helicopter brands. While some may use a similar system, others may have their own unique naming conventions. It is important to familiarize yourself with the nomenclature used by a specific brand before making a purchase.