• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

Nomenclature question

• Thread starter debutnik
  • Start date
Can someone please help me name (IUPAC) a polymer, polymerized by using methacrylic acid (MAA) as monomer, trimethylolpropane trimethacrylate (Trim) as cross-linker, azobisisobutyronitrile (AIBN) as radical initiator and butyl rhodamine B (BTRB)

Thanx

Answers and Replies

Can someone please help me name (IUPAC) a polymer, polymerized by using methacrylic acid (MAA) as monomer, trimethylolpropane trimethacrylate (Trim) as cross-linker, azobisisobutyronitrile (AIBN) as radical initiator and butyl rhodamine B (BTRB)

Thanx
You'll need to show what you've worked so far, as this sounds like a homework question.

This polymer was synthesized by Hun et al. [1] and I would like to put this unique polymer in a table for my PhD thesis.
Thank you again

Nir

[1] X. Hun, Z. Zhang, L. Tiao, Anti-Her-2 monoclonal antibody conjugated polymer fluorescent nanoparticles probe for ovarian cancer imaging. Analytica chimica acta 625(2) (2008) 201-206.

tiny-tim
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Welcome to PF!

Thanx
Hi debutnik! Welcome to PF! :smile:

I'd call it triny-trim! :wink:

chemisttree
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
How was the copolymer made? Suspension polymerization? Would you consider it to be a random copolymer? Block copolymer? Statistical copolymer? Graft copolymer?