1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Nomenclature question

1. Apr 25, 2009 #1
    Can someone please help me name (IUPAC) a polymer, polymerized by using methacrylic acid (MAA) as monomer, trimethylolpropane trimethacrylate (Trim) as cross-linker, azobisisobutyronitrile (AIBN) as radical initiator and butyl rhodamine B (BTRB)

Thanx

2. jcsd
  3. May 4, 2009 #2
    You'll need to show what you've worked so far, as this sounds like a homework question.

4. May 4, 2009 #3
    This polymer was synthesized by Hun et al. [1] and I would like to put this unique polymer in a table for my PhD thesis.
    Thank you again

Nir

[1] X. Hun, Z. Zhang, L. Tiao, Anti-Her-2 monoclonal antibody conjugated polymer fluorescent nanoparticles probe for ovarian cancer imaging. Analytica chimica acta 625(2) (2008) 201-206.

5. May 4, 2009 #4

tiny-tim

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Welcome to PF!

Hi debutnik! Welcome to PF! :smile:

I'd call it triny-trim! :wink:

6. May 4, 2009 #5

chemisttree

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

How was the copolymer made? Suspension polymerization? Would you consider it to be a random copolymer? Block copolymer? Statistical copolymer? Graft copolymer?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook