Nomination for most irritating person on television.

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Television
In summary, the most annoying people mentioned in this conversation are George W Bush, Hillary Clinton, Kjell Magne Bondevik, Dagfinn Høybråten, Bill O'Reilly, the guy with the Dukes of Hazzard ringtone, the blond woman with yellow socks, Brian Williams, the Fox News personalities, Tony Danza, Matthew Lesko, Kelly Ripa, Barnaby, Anna Nicole Smith, the women on "The Girls Next Door," Tom Cruise, Anthony Napolitano, Emeril Lagasse, and various reality TV stars.
Gokul43201 said:
Ann Coulter
Scott McClellan
Sean Hannity

As heinous as those three are, Michael Savage even worse.

Case 'A' Fascist... I'm right. Everyone else is not only wrong, but a traitor to the state. Liberals, immigrants, and gays are the new Jews, blacks, and gays. Him and Mussolini would get along well.

Physics news on Phys.org
Jared: I don't care how many normal sized adults will fit into his old pants, Subway still sucks.

story.jared.ap.jpg

Sandra Lee: You could give a prime porterhouse steak to this talentless bimbo and she would STILL find a way to screw it up (Let's pan fry it in ketchup and tarragon!), all the while proclaiming that "Emeril ain't got nothing on me."

http://images.scrippsweb.com/FOOD/2004/02/27/sandra_lee_d.jpg

That jackass with the cellphone: YES I can hear you, mother&!#^&er!

http://www.scottmanning.com/journal/canyouhearmenow2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom Mattson said:
That jackass with the cellphone: YES I can hear you, mother&!#^&er!

http://www.scottmanning.com/journal/canyouhearmenow2.jpg
Why does he never get hit in the face with a baseball bat in any of those commercials?

In fact, why have none of the guests ever attacked Sean Hannity on his show? He's at least as irritating as Geraldo Rivera and Geraldo was attacked on his show.

Kelly Ripa definitely wins my vote for most irritating TV host

Kelly Ripa is definitely one of THE MOST irritating people on TV. She could stand to tone down her hyper Helium voice and restrain her overly-anxious personality. Calm down, Kelly.

Jeffrey Steingarten - fat, gross, uncultured, he holds eating untensils like dirt trowels, food hanging out of his mouth when he talks. Why on Earth is this person on TV? On a Food show no less? He takes a fork, makes a hamfist around it and shovels food into his mouth. I want to gag everytime I see him do this.

I generally rate commercials - - - from "Great" to "Nauseating". My special "Yecchhh" prize in this area goes to the Bozo who voices the Toyota Truck commercials. I have generally liked Toyota products, but this puts their trucks on my "s--t list". I first developed an allergy to this guy when he was voicing an especially sick beer commercial series a few years ago.

KM

mm that's the only way to eat. :wink:

Hmm to keep on the thread topic perhaps Barry Scott.

I think Charlie Brooker did a good rundown of the most annoying people on British TV. Hes probably a bit too strong for this forum though.

It's a tie between Dane Cook and Carlos Mencia

Did anyone notice that this thread is 2 years old?

Anyways, I think Pierre McGuire is the most annoying. The only up I give him is that he's a Sidney Crosby fan.

Note: Only Canadian hockey fans would know. He's from TSN.

Conan O' Brien is the most annoying...I can't stand his jokes. (he thinks he's funny)

I think that Jay Leno is hilarious though, he even looks funny. (his chin :biggrin:)

Last edited:
~christina~ said:
Conan O' Brien is the most annoying...I can't stand his jokes. (he thinks he's funny)

I know!

I dislike him. He always talks about how awesome his show is.

JasonRox said:
I know!

I dislike him. He always talks about how awesome his show is.

I've never watched long enough to see him say that. He is taking over the tonight show after Jay leaves though andnd he's reportedly doing a makeover of the set...:uhh:
I can't stand his set right now. It's so dark and gloomy, which is quite depressing.

The thing that was the icing on the cake, was when I saw him pretending to strip on his show, when they had "technical difficulties.":eek:

Conan O'Brian makes me want to puke, he's that bad.

Just about everyone that is on a reality television show that is not food related and some that are on food related reality shows as well.

And Gilmore Girls.
Even though Lauren Graham is gorgeous.

Evo said:
Conan O'Brian makes me want to puke, he's that bad.

yeah--he's worse than puke

:rofl: You people watch tv...

Cyrus said:
:rofl: You people watch tv...
Some of us don't have lives.

JasonRox said:

Yup and TV has been around for more than 50 years... What's your point?:biggrin:

Evo said:
Some of us don't have lives.

Either I PF (hey look at the religion thread that got locked, through it all I found this gem in someones post! http://oyc.yale.edu/philosophy/death/content/class-sessions ), that in and of itself is MUCH more entertaining than watching tv.

But mostly I watch things online (educational type lectures or pbs films etc), or read books now that I have time to read over the summer. You get so much more out of books, and I don't mean novels.

I've found that PF is a great way to stay on the cutting edge of good new news, because someone always posts it way before everyone else on campus talks about something.

Billy Maze gets my vote. (Oxyclean and other cr*p)

Ty whats-his-name of Extreme Makeover has been giving my man Billy some competition. Ty's been taking his dripping, oozing empathy act to the bank for a couple of seasons now, but he can't keep up with Billy's overwhelming airtime, day after day with an insistent, whining noise guaranteed to distract the dead.

I still have high hopes for Ty. He's been found chasing commercial ad money at least once. With a little coaching he could put Billy to shame. Imagine this guy. He's whining and oozing, begging you to buy a dicer-and-slicer night after endless night to benifit the homeless. Stage right are uniformed team-mates cheering with abandon. Destitute stand-ins populate stage left, weeping with joy.

Last edited:
Cyrus said:
Either I PF (hey look at the religion thread that got locked, through it all I found this gem in someones post! http://oyc.yale.edu/philosophy/death/content/class-sessions ), that in and of itself is MUCH more entertaining than watching tv.

But mostly I watch things online (educational type lectures or pbs films etc), or read books now that I have time to read over the summer. You get so much more out of books, and I don't mean novels.

I've found that PF is a great way to stay on the cutting edge of good new news, because someone always posts it way before everyone else on campus talks about something.

I don't quite agree. I don't have a TV in my apartment or anything, but I surely like being entertained with theatres at school or the movie theatres, or even going to the bar to watch sports.

The idea of just not watching comedy or family or anything along those lines just seems like you'd be lacking depth in certain areas. Sure you're on the game with educational stuff. Good for you I guess.

JasonRox said:
I don't quite agree. I don't have a TV in my apartment or anything, but I surely like being entertained with theatres at school or the movie theatres, or even going to the bar to watch sports.

The idea of just not watching comedy or family or anything along those lines just seems like you'd be lacking depth in certain areas. Sure you're on the game with educational stuff. Good for you I guess.

I never watched sports in my life. I tried, I honestly did. It bores me to tears after 3 mins. I just can't get worked up about some guy shooting a J, or making a touch down. There are a few things I like watching on tv, like people buliding things, or engineering/history shows or a good cooking show. To be fair, the other day I watched an epsiode of MIMI VICE.

I watch movies, but that's not the same as tv. 99% of the time, TV does not come even close to the movies in terms of quality, script, level of actors, etc.

The comedy I like isn't shown on tv anyways, unless its HBO, and I don't get HBO. I like cursing and racial jokes and really sexual comedy. -adult humor.

Gokul43201 said:
Ann Coulter
Scott McClellan
Sean Hannity

JasonRox said:
But it has a whole new relevance. :rofl:

Cyrus said:
I never watched sports in my life. I tried, I honestly did. It bores me to tears after 3 mins. I just can't get worked up about some guy shooting a J, or making a touch down. There are a few things I like watching on tv, like people buliding things, or engineering/history shows or a good cooking show. To be fair, the other day I watched an epsiode of MIMI VICE.

I watch movies, but that's not the same as tv. 99% of the time, TV does not come even close to the movies in terms of quality, script, level of actors, etc.

The comedy I like isn't shown on tv anyways, unless its HBO, and I don't get HBO. I like cursing and racial jokes and really sexual comedy. -adult humor.

Have you played sports competitively before? If not, then I understand! I feel like once you play it and realize how challenging it can be, you see why it's so amazing to see players Crosby, Malkin, Zetterberg, Lidstrom and so on, play so well. (Named Stanley Cup players on purpose.) It's kind of like art too. Once you actually do art for yourself, you appreciate and are in more awe at the works of the greats. Again, probably the same with engineering, you see the challenges that are at hand and so on.

For cursing, racial and sexual comedy, I just have to go to Comedy Nights at school. It's usually free and it's hilarious!

Last edited:
Cyrus said:

JasonRox said:
Have you played sports competitively before? If not, then I understand! I feel like once you play it and realize how challenging it can be, you see why it's so amazing to see players Crosby, Malkin, Zetterberg, Lidstrom and so on, play so well. (Named Stanley Cup players on purpose.) It's kind of like art too. Once you actually do art for yourself, you appreciate and are in more awe at the works of the greats. Again, probably the same with engineering, you see the challenges that are at hand and so on.

For cursing, racial and sexual comedy, I just have to go to Comedy Nights at school. It's usually free and it's hilarious!

I guess I don't enjoy cursing, racial, and sexual comedy for the same reason a lot of people can't enjoy competitive sports? :frown:

Dart! :grumpy: I mean, Crup! Ah, Pisarcik! I give up! :frown:

(My wife's family spent years wondering what Pisarcik meant.:rofl:)

BobG said:
I guess I don't enjoy cursing, racial, and sexual comedy for the same reason a lot of people can't enjoy competitive sports? :frown:

Haha, nice one.

~christina~ said:
I've never watched long enough to see him say that. He is taking over the tonight show after Jay leaves though andnd he's reportedly doing a makeover of the set...:uhh:
I can't stand his set right now. It's so dark and gloomy, which is quite depressing.

The thing that was the icing on the cake, was when I saw him pretending to strip on his show, when they had "technical difficulties.":eek:

I'd like to know who, or what group of 'whos', decided to put obrien in Jay's place? I think the audience (I know I'm not one) will leave faster than bush's staff, advisors, and cabinet.

I put her (conan's) comedy on the same level of comedy as:

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm217094912/nm0000928

comedy in Hudson Hawk (but I still liked that movie anyway). I bet he doesn't last 6 months.

rewebster said:
I bet he doesn't last 6 months.

I say that he does last, but nobody will watch him..:wink:

RocketSurgery said:
It's a tie between Dane Cook and Carlos Mencia

I agree with Dane Cook. I have a few friends that rave about how funny he is, but the first time I saw one of his shows, I didn't laugh once. I couldn't even make it halfway through his show. His show was too much like watching... an obsessive compulsive ADHD crack addict. Flat out annoying.

Back