Non-bolded Usernames

• Thread starter Defennder
  • Start date
Defennder
Homework Helper
I've noticed that some of our members recently have had their usernames changed from it's usual bold font to the regular font type. What does this mean? They aren't banned or something are they?

Answers and Replies

One way to get non-bold username is to try to change email-address, but not managing in responding to an activation mail.

Evo
Mentor
Correct, if an existing member changes the registration e-mail address, they need to complete the registration e-mail, otherwise their status is "waiting to complete registration) and are greyed out to signal to them they haven't completed everything.

Last edited:
Is there other way to get the username into thin letters?

I got my account disabled once for sometime because the mail sending wasn't working, and now I get worried every time I see username in thin letters. Wouldn't, for example, ability to send PM to admins without mail confirmation be a good backup? Or is there something like this already?

Evo
Mentor
Is there other way to get the username into thin letters?

I got my account disabled once for sometime because the mail sending wasn't working, and now I get worried every time I see username in thin letters. Wouldn't, for example, ability to send PM to admins without mail confirmation be a good backup? Or is there something like this already?
It's been discussed. A member that is "grey" can use the report post button, which sends a post to the mentors.

arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
....they need to compleat..
grammar alert!!!!

Evo
Mentor
grammar alert!!!!
Actually it's spelling, and it's a typo. <whacks arildno with a frozen slab of whale blubber> :biggrin:

arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Gobbles blubber in shame and embarassment. Spelling it is..

Defennder
Homework Helper
So that means that once their username has been greyed out they can't post anything until they respond to the activation email?

If so, then that's what happened to my old account here. It got deleted soon afterwords.

Evo
Mentor
So that means that once their username has been greyed out they can't post anything until they respond to the activation email?
Yes. A lot of new members fail to complete their registration and try to post.

Defennder
Homework Helper
I see, thanks!

It's been discussed. A member that is "grey" can use the report post button, which sends a post to the mentors.
Is the information about this easily available?

Kurdt
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I don't think so at the minute but it might be soon.

cristo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
We get enough reports from members who members in this group, so they must be trying anything to post!