Writing Inexact Integrals in LATEX Symbols

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter orthovector
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Integral
In summary, to write an inexact integral symbol in LATEX, use the command \int followed by the symbol for the variable of integration and the limits of integration. The size of the symbol can be changed with \displaystyle, multiple limits can be added with \int\limits_{a}^{b}, and a function can be added with \int\limits_{a}^{b}f(x)dx. For a closed contour, use \oint followed by the symbol and contour path.
orthovector
and exact integral is listed this way in LATEX symbols

[tex] \int dU [/tex]

how do you write an inexact integral using LATEX symbols such as the integral of dW?

Physics news on Phys.org
uhhh,, hello?

If you mean a path integral (the one denoted with either a subscript C on the integral or a circle in the middle of the integral) you might want to look here:
http://latex.wikia.com/wiki/Integral

1. How do I write an inexact integral symbol in LATEX?

To write an inexact integral symbol in LATEX, you can use the command \int followed by the symbol for the variable of integration and the limits of integration. For example, \int_{a}^{b}f(x)dx will produce the inexact integral symbol with the variable x and limits a and b.

2. Can I change the size of the inexact integral symbol in LATEX?

Yes, you can change the size of the inexact integral symbol in LATEX by using the \displaystyle command before the \int command. This will make the symbol larger and more prominent in your document.

3. How do I add multiple limits of integration in an inexact integral symbol?

To add multiple limits of integration, you can use the \int\limits_{a}^{b} command. This will place the limits above and below the integral symbol, making it easier to read and understand.

4. Is there a way to add a function under the inexact integral symbol in LATEX?

Yes, you can add a function under the inexact integral symbol by using the \int\limits_{a}^{b}f(x)dx command. This will place the function f(x) directly under the integral symbol, indicating what is being integrated.

5. How do I write an inexact integral symbol with a closed contour in LATEX?

To write an inexact integral symbol with a closed contour, you can use the \oint command followed by the symbol for the variable of integration and the contour path. For example, \oint_{C}f(z)dz will produce the inexact integral symbol with the variable z and closed contour C.