Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Non-Homogeneous Current Density?

1. Dec 30, 2008 #1
    Hi,

I have some small channels filled with a fluid (say water with a conductivity in the order 5.5e-6 S m^-1). I am simulating the various flows etc using COMSOL. In the simulation I have created a potential on one of the boundaries, say 2V and have grounded another of the boundaries. All the other boundaries are electric insulators.

The question I have is that I can view the current density of the model. But I am interested in the current between one electrode to the other, as ultimately I am interested in the impedance of the path between the two electrodes. I have integrated the current density of the one of the boundaries to find the current of that boundary - which is fine. However, because the current density is non-homogeneous through out the model I cannot find the actual current between the two electrodes.

How can I find this?

Regards,
    Tom

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted