1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Noncommotative structural numbers

1. Oct 16, 2003 #1
    Noncommutative structural numbers

Hi,

In the attached address (at the end of the web page) there is a short paper (a pdf file) on noncommutative structural numbers:

http://www.geocities.com/complementarytheory/CATpage.html

I'll be glad to get your remarks.

Thank you (and special thanks to Hurkyl that gave the formal definition, which is written in the first 7 sentences of the paper).

Organic

Last edited: Oct 17, 2003
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 17, 2003 #2

HallsofIvy

Science Advisor

I don't see any formal definition- certainly not in the first 7 sentences. I don't actually see any definition at all. I see a lot of general vagueness and use of undefined symbols.

You say "A single-simultaneous-connection is any single real number included in p, q
    ( = D = Discreteness = a localized element = {.} )."

What do you mean by "included in p,q"? In particular, what do you mean by "p, q"? I would tend to assume you mean "any of [p,q], [p,q), (p,q], (p,q) which you had given above. I take it then that "A single-simultaneous connection" is a singleton set?

"Double-simultaneous-connection is a connection between any two different real numbers
    included in p, q , where any connection has exactly 1 D as a common element with some
    other connection ( = C = Continuum = a non-localized element = {.___.} )."

Okay, so a "double-simultaneous-connection" is a pair of numbers?
    "where any connection has exactly 1 D as a common element with some other connection" is not clear. You appear to be saying that two "connections" (I take you mean "double-simultaneous-connection") that have both elements the same are not considered to be different. That's actually part of the definition of set.

I have absolutely no idea what " = C = Continuum = a non-localized element = {.___.} )" could possibly mean.

"Therefore, x is . XOR .___."
    This makes no sense. The only use of "x" before this was as a bound variable in the (standard) definition of [a,b], [a,b), etc.
    In any case, you have been told repeatedly that your use of "XOR" has no relation to the standard use. Please don't use a standard notation for a non-standard use.

You seem to be still agonizing over the difference between the discrete integers and the continuous real numbers. I can only suggest again that you take a good course in basic mathematical analysis. (And it might be a good idea to learn what a "definition" really is.)

By the way, what does "non-commotative" mean? Did you mean "non-commutative"? I didn't see any reference to that in you post.

4. Oct 17, 2003 #3
    Hi HallsofIvy,

I wrote:
    First, thank you for the correction. it is noncommutative.

Please after you open the web page, go to the end of it (as I wrote above) and then open the pdf file, which is under the title:

Noncommutative structural numbers

I'll be glad to get your remarks.

By the way, please reply to my answer to you, that exists at the end of this thread:

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6896&perpage=15&pagenumber=2Organic

Thank you.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2003
  5. Oct 19, 2003 #4

HallsofIvy

Science Advisor

You have not learned anything from the replies that many people have made to your posts. I see no reason to repeat them.

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook