Noncommotative structural numbers

In summary, the conversation is discussing a short paper on noncommutative structural numbers, which can be found at a specific web address. The paper includes a formal definition of noncommutative structural numbers, which is questioned and criticized by one participant. The other participant suggests taking a course in basic mathematical analysis and clarifies the meaning of "noncommutative". The first participant asks for further remarks and requests a reply to a previous thread.
Organic
Noncommutative structural numbers

Hi,

In the attached address (at the end of the web page) there is a short paper (a pdf file) on noncommutative structural numbers:

http://www.geocities.com/complementarytheory/CATpage.html

I'll be glad to get your remarks.

Thank you (and special thanks to Hurkyl that gave the formal definition, which is written in the first 7 sentences of the paper).

Organic

Last edited:
Mathematics news on Phys.org
I don't see any formal definition- certainly not in the first 7 sentences. I don't actually see any definition at all. I see a lot of general vagueness and use of undefined symbols.

You say "A single-simultaneous-connection is any single real number included in p, q
( = D = Discreteness = a localized element = {.} )."

What do you mean by "included in p,q"? In particular, what do you mean by "p, q"? I would tend to assume you mean "any of [p,q], [p,q), (p,q], (p,q) which you had given above. I take it then that "A single-simultaneous connection" is a singleton set?

"Double-simultaneous-connection is a connection between any two different real numbers
included in p, q , where any connection has exactly 1 D as a common element with some
other connection ( = C = Continuum = a non-localized element = {.___.} )."

Okay, so a "double-simultaneous-connection" is a pair of numbers?
"where any connection has exactly 1 D as a common element with some other connection" is not clear. You appear to be saying that two "connections" (I take you mean "double-simultaneous-connection") that have both elements the same are not considered to be different. That's actually part of the definition of set.

I have absolutely no idea what " = C = Continuum = a non-localized element = {.___.} )" could possibly mean.

"Therefore, x is . XOR .___."
This makes no sense. The only use of "x" before this was as a bound variable in the (standard) definition of [a,b], [a,b), etc.
In any case, you have been told repeatedly that your use of "XOR" has no relation to the standard use. Please don't use a standard notation for a non-standard use.

You seem to be still agonizing over the difference between the discrete integers and the continuous real numbers. I can only suggest again that you take a good course in basic mathematical analysis. (And it might be a good idea to learn what a "definition" really is.)

By the way, what does "non-commotative" mean? Did you mean "non-commutative"? I didn't see any reference to that in you post.

Hi HallsofIvy,

I wrote:
In the attached address (at the end of the web page) there is a short paper on noncommotative structural numbers:

http://www.geocities.com/complementarytheory/CATpage.html

First, thank you for the correction. it is noncommutative.

Please after you open the web page, go to the end of it (as I wrote above) and then open the pdf file, which is under the title:

Noncommutative structural numbers

I'll be glad to get your remarks.

By the way, please reply to my answer to you, that exists at the end of this thread:

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6896&perpage=15&pagenumber=2Organic

Thank you.

Last edited:
By the way, please reply to my answer to you, that exists at the end of this thread:

https://www.physicsforums.com/showth...number=2Organic

You have not learned anything from the replies that many people have made to your posts. I see no reason to repeat them.

Last edited by a moderator:

What are noncommutative structural numbers?

Noncommutative structural numbers are mathematical objects that do not follow the commutative property, which states that the order of operations does not affect the outcome. In other words, the result of multiplying or adding two numbers does not change depending on the order in which they are multiplied or added. Noncommutative structural numbers, on the other hand, do not follow this rule and the order of operations can affect the outcome.

What are some examples of noncommutative structural numbers?

Some examples of noncommutative structural numbers include matrices, quaternions, and octonions. These are all mathematical objects that do not follow the commutative property and the order of operations can affect the outcome.

What are the applications of noncommutative structural numbers?

Noncommutative structural numbers have various applications in mathematics, physics, and engineering. They are used to describe rotations, symmetries, and transformations in three-dimensional space. They are also used in quantum mechanics and string theory to describe the behavior of subatomic particles and the structure of the universe.

How are noncommutative structural numbers different from commutative numbers?

The main difference between noncommutative structural numbers and commutative numbers is the commutative property. Commutative numbers follow the rule that the order of operations does not affect the outcome, while noncommutative structural numbers do not follow this rule. Additionally, commutative numbers are typically used for counting and basic calculations, while noncommutative structural numbers are used for more complex mathematical operations.

Can noncommutative structural numbers be used in everyday life?

Noncommutative structural numbers are not commonly used in everyday life as they are mostly used in advanced mathematics and physics. However, some applications of noncommutative structural numbers can be found in computer graphics, robotics, and signal processing. They are also used in cryptography to ensure secure communication and data storage.