1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Norton Equivalent circuit

1. Nov 2, 2012 #1
    Hi
    Can you please tell me how to find the Norton Equivalent or I should say the short circuit current in the attachment diagram?

Norton resistance using two different methods but now question asks me to find resistance by dividing voltage of open circuit which I figure it out over current of short circuit.

What I know is 2 ohm resistor is going to be short circuited but I do not what I should do next, how to write nodal analysis for that?
    can I say the 4 ohm and current source also are going to be short circuited or not?
    Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 3, 2012 #2

ehild

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

There is a short circuit across both the 2 ohm and 4 ohm resistors and the 33 A current source as they all are connected to a and b. That means zero potential difference between a and b. What is the potential difference across the 9 ohm resistor then?

ehild

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook