1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Not a math problem.

1. Dec 29, 2004 #1
    I need some general help to igure out what I should use for my introduction of my Lab Report.

The last lab report I did was finding g using an inclined plane, So I was able to easily refer to Gallileo and his experiments on the subject.

This lab report is on spring potential energy and gravitational potential energy, and how energy is conserved. I tried looking up newton, but I cant seem to find anything I can really use. Any suggestions?? I just need some kind of information to refer back to.
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 29, 2004 #2
    Gr 11? Same here.

What criteria does your teacher mark the introduction to the lab report by?
  4. Dec 29, 2004 #3
    The introduction is very specific. This section introduces the reader to the experiment by stating the problem with a purpose of solving it (done). This section includes any scientific literature that lead to the hypothesis or problem by providing necessary information needed to understand the problem more clearly. What has been done by others in this area? What is the present point of study?

Yes .. grade 11 =)
  5. Dec 30, 2004 #4

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Did you try Robert Hooke?

He was Isaac Newton's "arch enemy", which made it kind of ironic that Hooke's law and Newton's law pair up so nicely when working with springs. The two totally despised each other.

One of Newton's most famous quotes, "If I have seen further than others, it is only because I stood on the shoulders of giants", came from a letter he wrote to Hooke. That was an interesting thing to say to Hooke, since, physically, Hooke had a much stronger resemblance to a deformed dwarf than a giant.
  6. Jan 2, 2005 #5
    thanks =D .. I got this earlier.. but was too lazy to log in and say thanks. I forgot all about Hooke. =X
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?