Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Not a new member!

1. Aug 12, 2015 #1

HOI

I am not a new member- I am "HallsofIvy" but when I changed to "Windows 10" (so far I see little difference) I had to log into all my forums again. I was asked to give my internet sever name but have changed servers since I originally joined and could not remember the name- so I had to enroll all over again as "HOI" (the initials of "HallsofIvy"). (Oddly enough, I used to have a friend whose internet name was "Hog on Ice" which he abbreviated to "HOI". I never dared ask.)

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 12, 2015 #2
    Did you forget your password? We can reset that for you.

4. Aug 12, 2015 #3

HOI

No, it wasn't the password- I had to say what my internet server was when I originally joined and I do not remember that!

5. Aug 12, 2015 #4
    PF does not ask what your internet server or provider is when logging in. All you need is username and password.

6. Aug 13, 2015 #5

mfb

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

You need an email address (this is not an "internet server" either, but it is more than username+password) to sign up, but not to log in.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook