Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Not Real but Relative

1. Jun 5, 2010 #1
    Seems I just found out I'm not real but relative.. Based on special relativity and the fact that I don't see out. ...My Brain has been keeping me in the dark. Believe our school system teaches Newton physics and should be introducing warped space time. Quarks. Black holes.. Feynman, Gellman.

Is change necessary?
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 5, 2010 #2
    education needs to start somewhere....often bite sized pieces that people can more readily relate to offers a convenient starting point. Nothing is quite what it appears to be....even solid steel is 99.99999...% empty space.....

relativity takes some additional math and conceptual understanding and is not necessary to understand many everyday phenomena....

That's why electricty is often introduced with dc circuits which provide an introduction and usually ac circuits and elements, like inductors and capacitors comes later.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook