Not recogizing the network or even getting internet acess

It could also be a software issue, so it might be worth checking for any updates or running a diagnostic tool. Overall, it seems like there may be multiple problems at play here.
Tom McCurdy
I just turned on my computer and a lot of things a screwed up. For one thing its not recogizing the network or even getting internet acess. Which is weird because our cable is working... I am connected now through my laptop. Also I have dual monitor however currently only one monitor is working and it doesn't even seem to know another monitor is connected.

Any suggestions on what could be wrong. I system restored to a few days earlier but nothing worked.

=
tom

Computer science news on Phys.org
Tom McCurdy said:
I just turned on my computer and a lot of things a screwed up. For one thing its not recogizing the network or even getting internet acess. Which is weird because our cable is working... I am connected now through my laptop. Also I have dual monitor however currently only one monitor is working and it doesn't even seem to know another monitor is connected.

Any suggestions on what could be wrong. I system restored to a few days earlier but nothing worked.

=
tom

Have you tried replacing hardware or re-installing drivers?

It sounds like there may be an issue with your computer's network settings or drivers. Have you tried restarting your modem and router to see if that helps with the network recognition? If not, you may need to check your device manager to make sure all network adapters are properly installed and updated. As for the dual monitor issue, have you checked the display settings to see if the second monitor is recognized and set up correctly? If not, you may need to reinstall the drivers for your graphics card. If these troubleshooting steps do not work, it may be best to seek professional help or contact your computer's manufacturer for further assistance.

1. Why is my device not recognizing the network?

There could be several reasons for this issue. It could be due to a problem with your device's network settings, a weak wireless signal, or an issue with the network hardware. It is also possible that the network is temporarily down or experiencing technical difficulties.

2. Why can't I access the internet even though I am connected to the network?

This could be caused by a variety of factors such as incorrect network settings, a weak internet connection, or an issue with the website or server you are trying to access. It is also possible that your device's firewall or antivirus software is blocking the internet connection.

3. How can I troubleshoot my device's network connection?

First, check your network settings to ensure they are configured correctly. Then, try restarting your device and router. If that doesn't work, try connecting to a different network to see if the issue is with your device or the network itself. You can also try resetting your network settings or updating your device's software.

4. What can I do if my device is not connecting to the network at all?

If your device is not connecting to the network at all, try restarting your device and router. If that doesn't work, check for any physical damage to your device's network components. You can also try resetting your network settings or contacting your internet service provider for assistance.

5. How can I prevent network connection issues in the future?

To prevent network connection issues, make sure your device's network settings are configured correctly. Keep your device's software and firmware updated. Also, avoid physical damage to your device's network components and ensure a stable internet connection by using a wired connection or being in close proximity to the wireless router.