Where Can I Find Online Forums for Physics and Math Enthusiasts?

• Thread starter Borseth
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Masters
Borseth
Hey everyone. I just started my masters in physics, and am looking forward to the next couple of years.

At the moment I am doing an exchange year to Spain, and don't really know that many people in the course. It's a bit of a shift from where I was last year, why everybody knew everybody. That seems true here as well, but I am not a part of that big group yet.

I sat around on my computer, just now, browsing the same old boring-yet-funny sites, and thought about how I was sort of isolated. In addition, I thought about how uninteresting the stuff I was procrastinating with really was. "I wish I knew a place where I could procrastinate the same way with maths or physics!"

But as I sat there I realized, there must be some sorts of forums where people interested in these things could hang out and talk together. Why hadn't I gone looking for those places before?

So here I am, and excited to start exploring the forum!

Last edited:
Likes Greg Bernhardt
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome Borseth!

Welcome, Borseth.

It is funny that you use the word "procrastinating". I started to use this site in the same way: It is open in some tab, and when I feel like I need a break or I'm stuck, I come here and see if there is something interesting being discussed, or someone asked a question to which I may know the answer. This given me a sense of being useful, although I'm not working at that moment.

I hope you will enjoy your year in Spain!

Evo said:
Welcome Borseth!
Thanks!

Krylov said:
Welcome, Borseth.
This given me a sense of being useful, although I'm not working at that moment.
That is what I'm hoping for. I really like the idea.

Krylov said:
Welcome, Borseth.
I hope you will enjoy your year in Spain!
Me too! There is a risk I will get too many things to explore outside of physics, but I will try to hold myself down when it counts.
Thanks a lot!