Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Not to brag or anything, but

1. Sep 3, 2008 #1
    Our patent application was approved back on Aug 12. I didn't find out until today.

Dynamic legal database providing historical and current versions of bodies of law

It's patent number 7412463. Laws change on a daily basis, but law books are only published periodically, typically annually. If you are charged with a violation because of actions that occured on a particular date, your lawyer would be interested to know what the law was on that date along with knowing what other relevant laws were. We invented a way to database the laws so that that you can view the entire legal code as it would have appeared had it been published on that day.
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 3, 2008 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Awesome, Jimmy! Congrats!!
  4. Sep 3, 2008 #3
    Congratulations. Sad thing is, I'll probably need to use it sometime.
  5. Sep 3, 2008 #4
    Congratulations. Don't you love hard work? Pays off!~
  6. Sep 3, 2008 #5

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Wouldn't it be ironic if your patent were invalidated by a search your own database turned up? :biggrin:
  7. Sep 3, 2008 #6
    That's pretty awesome Jimmy. Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. Sep 3, 2008 #7
    Nice thinking. I was thinking of that sort of thing a while ago. It will do you some wonders in the future.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?