Unusual UFOs: What are Your Thoughts?

• Thread starter Master J
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the typical shapes of UFOs and the possibility of a video showing a group of objects being balloons. The speaker also questions if balloons can undergo simple harmonic motion and suggests that the video may show waving rather than a regular pattern.
Master J
Normally, what are often called UFOs are spherical, eliptical, saucer, or some other fairly compact shape.

But take a look at this video. Now, first thing I thought was balloons. But can balloons under go simple harmonic motion like with one of those objects? Could wind make it vibrate back and forward like that?

What are your thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjKmfogV7l0&feature=related

Physics news on Phys.org
I think its a bunch of balloons; typical of the large clusters seen at political events and car dealerships, for example.

Ivan Seeking said:
I think its a bunch of balloons; typical of the large clusters seen at political events and car dealerships, for example.

That's what it looks like to me too, when they string them up in columns. BTW, I saw no evidence of "simple harmonic motion" as the OP claims. Waving, yeah, but no regular, repeatable pattern.

1. What exactly is a UFO?

A UFO, or Unidentified Flying Object, is any object or light in the sky that cannot be explained or identified by conventional means. This could include aircraft, weather phenomena, or natural occurrences.

2. Are UFO sightings real or just hoaxes?

There is no conclusive evidence either way, as some sightings have been proven to be hoaxes while others remain unexplained. It is important to approach UFO sightings with a critical and scientific mindset.

3. What are some possible explanations for UFO sightings?

Possible explanations could include misidentified aircraft, weather balloons, drones, or even natural phenomena such as meteors or ball lightning. It is also possible that some sightings could be secret military technology.

4. Do you believe in the existence of extraterrestrial life?

As a scientist, I cannot definitively say whether or not extraterrestrial life exists. While there is currently no conclusive evidence, it is a topic that continues to be explored and researched by scientists.

5. How can we research and study UFO sightings?

Research and study of UFO sightings can be conducted through various methods, including collecting eyewitness testimonies, analyzing photographs and video footage, and using scientific instruments such as radar and satellite imagery. It is also important to collaborate and share findings with other scientists in the field.