Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Note Books

1. Sep 9, 2011 #1
    How do you take notes for physics classes and what note books(Brand) do you use?

Before I just to take notes on line paper and put the notes into a binder, but now I found taking notes in a notebook easier to organize(and harder to skip class). I'm trying to find some good quality notebooks but their all flashy(girly)...

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 9, 2011 #2

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

What's wrong with girly notebooks?? I think they're great!

4. Sep 9, 2011 #3
    Haha. We have Spirax notebooks in Australia, they are yellow, and pretty much neutral IMO. I prefer them to a binder w/ looseleaf, it keeps my notes in order, and it's small / light that I don't have to lug around a few kilo's of paper just for one class, like I did when I had a big binder with everything in it.

5. Sep 9, 2011 #4

jhae2.718

Gold Member

I use engineering paper for all of my notes and store them in binders.

6. Sep 9, 2011 #5
    What engineering paper are we talking about? I have seen graph paper style and even polar graph. I like composition notebooks myself, but they cost about $5 each for ones that wont fall apart at the seam and I can fill one in 2 weeks!

7. Sep 9, 2011 #6
    I use cheap, CVS/ target brand notebooks. They generally have about 70-100 pages of college ruled paper. During the back to school sales I can get them for less than a dollar each, sometimes even around 50 cents.

8. Sep 10, 2011 #7
    Engineering paper is the way to go, with either 5mm or 7mm mechanical lead pencil and a big fat synthetic Staedler eraser!

Here, QuarkCharmer: http://www.tvisupply.com/ENGINEER-S-COMP-PAD-3HP-SQ-IN-p/P335500.htm

Less than $4. Difficult to beat, and I loved using it for everything so I could yank out my doodling without some notebook falling apart.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook