Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Nothing clickable in the reply area

1. Oct 7, 2005 #1
    When I am in the reply area, I cannot click anything. I cannot click smilies, I cannot change the font using the pull down menu, or anything. Is this just a temporary bug? Ahhh :surprised:

I am using windows xp, firefox 1.5 beta 1

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 7, 2005 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Those features work in the regular reply/quote function, they don't work with the quick reply.

4. Oct 7, 2005 #3
    They work now!!!!! :rofl:

pff, maybe I was on crack a few minutes ago

Weeee

Found another bug, and this time I took a screenshot for proof :smile:

Big numbers!

http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/2697/pfbignumbers6vs.png

edit... Made a mistake in the image.

And wow edit is awesome inside the post!!!!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2005
  5. Oct 7, 2005 #4

saltydog

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Yea right. I once (you guys find my anectdotes annoying?), anyway, I submitted an update with a list of limitations to the big dogs for approval. They said, "why does the software have all these limitations?"

I told them, all software has limitations, you just don't get a nice list like this one with most of them".:smile:

6. Oct 7, 2005 #5

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I don't think the size is a bug (though it seemed to display funny for you...for me it's just a normal drop down list with each number showing the actual size of the font...but my 7 isn't hanging off the bottom edge of the box like in your shot). I think it's supposed to help you know the actual size of the font you're picking, so size 7 looks like this: 7

7. Oct 7, 2005 #6

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Guess I'm still on it then. Nothing works for me.

8. Oct 7, 2005 #7

Lisa!

Gold Member

Me too.:grumpy:

9. Oct 7, 2005 #8

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

My problem's fixed...but now I'm on a windows computer running IE. I'll have to check later to see if they return with Firefox.

10. Oct 7, 2005 #9

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It only works for me on IE. None of the edit tools work (and I still have the old style edit window) with either Firefox 1.0 or Mozilla 1.4

Lisa!, does it work for you ? What browser do you use ?

11. Oct 7, 2005 #10
    Everything works for me using Firefox 1.0.7

Make sure you clear your browser cache as there may be old javscript files conflicting with new javascript files.

12. Oct 7, 2005 #11

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Clearing cache helped. I still get a new window for editing posts, but at least all the buttons now work (this is on Mozilla).

13. Oct 7, 2005 #12
    Everything looks and works fine now :cool:

14. Oct 7, 2005 #13

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I think when we had the last upgrade (the one that turned all the buttons green), what finally reset whatever needed resetting was to log off of PF, clear the cache and restart the computer, then log back in (I was one of the last to see the green buttons). Though, this time I didn't need to go to such drastic measures. Everything was already there when I logged in this morning.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?