Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Nothing in my email is useful to anyone

1. May 3, 2005 #1

JamesU

Gold Member

Ever sice I've joined, My email account has been invaded by(what I think) are people from this site. believe me, nothing in my email is useful to anyone, just me and my friends talking. I do want to know who it is, but that won't happen, so just SSSTTOOPP!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. jcsd
  3. May 3, 2005 #2

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

you're not serious, are you?

4. May 3, 2005 #3

JamesU

Gold Member

why do you ask? :confused:

5. May 3, 2005 #4

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Why would you think people from PF are getting into your email? What kind of evidence do you have?
    Are you talking about those weekly thread subscription notices that come via email?

6. May 3, 2005 #5

JamesU

Gold Member

Ever since I've joined the forum, my email says either, "you have logged in on another computer" or "you can't log in because there have been too many attempts to log in."

7. May 3, 2005 #6

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That's an odd problem. What are you using for email? I assume you are using some kind of browser based email client to read it? Which browser are you using? Are you possibly still logged into your email in another browser window?

Maybe a mentor or admin can shed some light. Still, I am pretty sure people here aren't monkeying around with your account.

8. May 3, 2005 #7
    Someone in admin here could check the ip address and make sure that it is you. Do you log in frequently at school and leave yourself logged in? I don't know if it would make any difference, but its something to look at before blaming someone. This might have nothing to do with PF at all.

I would definitely change all my passwords right away.

9. May 3, 2005 #8

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Mentors don't have access to member's e-mail information or passwords. Everything is kept private. No one here is tampering with your e-mail.

You should contact your ISP, they may have information on what the problem is.

10. May 3, 2005 #9

cronxeh

Gold Member

Edit:

oh man a quick look at your profile revealed that you are not even 13 yet..

and your email is RIGHT THERE, DUH!

Anyone can see it

11. May 3, 2005 #10

JamesU

Gold Member

I'll be 13 in 9 days. And alot of people know what my email adress is, but they've never tried to log in with it.

12. May 3, 2005 #11

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

According to your IP info, you are logging in from at least two different places - are you sure you're not forgetting to log out or having your email account log on automatically in a public place?

13. May 3, 2005 #12
    Have you changed your password?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?