Now I've seen everything

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
chroot said:
And no, zooby, I don't fear cats. I just don't like them.
Yes, because of their razor sharp teeth and claws. I see.

Evo

Mentor
zoobyshoe said:
That ones is pretty fuzzy in my mind. I don't remember the regression part.

The episode I have memorized is the one about the deja vus. I thought they did a great job of capturing the weird mood you have when you're having alot of them, and are certain you must have lived through the events at least several times before.
The one where they are in the loop playing cards over and over?

Evo said:
The one where they are in the loop playing cards over and over?
Yeah, and they all start to "know" what cards are going to come up next. That is exactly what happens to you: if you speculate in your mind about what's going to happen next, that speculation seems so eerily familiar your gut instinct is that you're remembering it from having lived that moment before. When what you think is going to happen doesn't, you think: "Oh, so it's changed a bit since the last go round!"

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Evo said:
My cat. He "pumps" with his paws, some call it "kneading", it's what kittens do when they're milking their moms. He's obsessive about it.

You haven't read the Dr Foofer threads. It's an old joke.
Um, er, um, uh...does he rub his back legs together at the same time? It's...well...what all male mammals seem to like doing. :uhh: "Pumping" seems to be a better term than "kneading" at his age. :biggrin:

Evo

Mentor
Oh my, could this be a new love interest for roving nocturnal purple jellyfish? A lobster with silky blond hair?

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/science/03/08/furry.lobster.ap/index.html [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Evo said:
Oh my, could this be a new love interest for roving nocturnal purple jellyfish? A lobster with silky blond hair?

Why does the name Phyllis Diller come into my mind? Did she wear some kind of long sleeve furry gloves?

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Evo said:

When you said a lobster with silky blonde hair, I was thinking someone sent you a photo of me with a sunburn. :biggrin:

Wow, that's an interesting looking creature. I'm laughing at the species name...hirsuta...hairy. :rofl:

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
chroot said:
Point of contention: cats can't be trained not to bite (or scratch).

- Warren
Usually, this is only true if you don't like them. Once you get used to the idea that they're boss and you're pretty much just their food and pooper slave, they make wonderful pets.

Physics Forums Values

We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling
We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating
We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving

Hot Threads