Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Now no complete theory to explain supernaturals

1. Jul 30, 2005 #1
    Our scientists are still stepping at the original place.
    Although many scientists want to detect the supernatural power and study the supernatural abilities, but now still are no breakthrough.
    Now really there are many supernaturals, we don't know why! But we have no complete and reliable theory are able to solve these doubts.

------------------------------------------------------
    Samples:
    1. When a person closed his eyes, and held a cloth, the cloth would catch a fire.
    2. When a girl cried, her teardrops became ice.
    3. A person held 3 beans in his hands, while he was concentrating spirit, the 3 beans would go through to other places, such as bags, luggages, they were close, no people saw him openning any things!
    4. A person holds what metals, the metals are absorbed by his hand.
    ........................... Many doubts!

How do you think and feel about this point? Are you there any personal experience or feeling in it? Share it with us.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 30, 2005 #2
    Where did you hear this stuff? You really think this stuff is real, proven facts? Just because someone says they did something or saw something does mean it actually happened.

4. Jul 30, 2005 #3
    You don't know about it much. These stuffs had shown in TV programme, me too is can't not accept it.
    Also NASA is studying the supernatural people now, if you have read the related news before you will know. This is the matter last year.
    These matters are truely existence.

5. Jul 30, 2005 #4

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hello yu wing sin,
    We can't really consider such claims without supporting evidence. Please post a reliable supporting link, say at the least a newspaper article from a respectable source, for each claim made. Please note also that, for example, Pravda, India Daily, and Moscow News are not credible references.

6. Jul 30, 2005 #5
    #1 True, but they neglected to say he was standing so close to the fire that all his clothes caught fire too.

#2 True, In Siberia.

#3 Unproven, On account of one bean looking very much like another bean.

#4 True, That mercury was hot, you should have heard him scream.

Yoke.

7. Jul 30, 2005 #6

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I think that the girl who cries ice may be genuine. I have seen close up videos of her tear duct generating little crystaline nuggets. Obivously its not ice, and note that I have never seen a legitimate medical source for all of this, but the idea that some condition might allow a person to generate salt or calcium crystals seems remotely possible.

8. Jul 30, 2005 #7

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Well, I thought that I had a link to a BBC story but I'm not finding it. There is nothing on Google either so maybe it has been debunked.

9. Aug 1, 2005 #8
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2005
  10. Aug 1, 2005 #9

matthyaouw

Gold Member

I wonder if tests were done to determine what the crystals were made of. I've not been able to find anything that says so.

11. Aug 1, 2005 #10
    They might have studied her, if she had not confessed it to be a hoax.

12. Aug 1, 2005 #11
    I think Bohm's Implicate Order Theory might have an explanation to this (Maybe just maybe). Kind of like a Unification theory of the Universe and consciousness. Very hard to find credible sources though but I'm still optimistic that it's all possible :smile:

13. Aug 1, 2005 #12

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I am a little confused about Bohm and his implicate order. This was recommended reading in my physics department, but it seems to be treated as evil speak in many circles; esp on the internet.... And the idea of wholeness in time is a fascinating one, at the least.

14. Aug 2, 2005 #13

selfAdjoint

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Well of course Bohm has two strikes against him here. First, he's the brains behind a relativity and quantum denying theory which riles a lot of physicists, and then implicate order is interpreted by everybody as being supportive of mysticism, which ticks off lots more physicsts. And the chorus of online crank fans of Bohm doesn't calm them down either.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?