Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Nsa ufo report

1. Sep 28, 2004 #1
    A report titled:

Exploitation Report - A Fragment, Metal Recovered in the Republic of the Congo (http://www.nsa.gov/ufo/ufo00018.pdf)

in the NSA UFO archives looks interesting, unfortuantly the report is of such poor quality its unreadable. Anybody got any other information sources on this ?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 28, 2004 #2

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I have had some luck reading these docs by using a little image enhancement [ I have read this one before]. Even without enhancement much of the doc can be read. On pdf page 2, section III, part C, one interesting comment made is that "surface features and microstructures of the specimen indicate exposure to temperatures of over 2500 F". But this device [fragment], which is described mainly as a motor or generator armature - made from a silicon steel laminate on a soft iron core - was, IMO, likely part of some kind of Soviet test program. I believe there is a related document somewhere in the NSA or CIA files.

4. Sep 28, 2004 #3

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

This was an interesting report. I will get back with what I have when time allows.

5. Oct 10, 2004 #4

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Last edited: Oct 10, 2004
  6. Oct 12, 2004 #5
    Thanks, lots of interesting stuff there.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?