1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

NSERC Research Awards

1. Sep 28, 2006 #1

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I'm from Canada, and this is one of the big awards you can get for the summer. Great for experience.

Does anybody know if it is possible to get an award to do research in Pure Mathematics?

I'm going to talk to my professor about this tomorrow. I wouldn't mind changing the topic a little to fit the criteria of the award. It would certainly be a great experience.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 28, 2006 #2

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Yes, I've done it two years in a row, in pure mathematics. When you fill out the application form, you are asked to select a field and pure mathematics is one of the options.
  4. Sep 28, 2006 #3

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Thanks, I appreciate it.

My professor told me about this last year, but missed the deadline. I'm hoping to get it this year.

Should be fun.
  5. Oct 4, 2006 #4
    good luck!
    NSERC applies to any science... so I've had friends get them in math,physics, biology, chemistry,etc.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?