1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Nuclear Engg.

1. Feb 5, 2013 #1
    I vow to do something in Particle Physics but some real nast circumstances hinders my desires.So plan to take admission in BS Mechanical Engg and after wards M.S Nuclear Engg..How close might it be to particle Physics where I might end up?If not close enough reccomend any other field.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 5, 2013 #2
    If you want to do particle physics...why not major in physics? I have made the mistake myself of majoring in the wrong (but related) field and I have had to pick up the pieces along the way. Mechanical engineering isn't good preparation for particle physics.

4. Feb 5, 2013 #3
    Nuclear engineering learn radiation physics and reactor design; they work with neutron physics as well but not like a particle physicist would. Nuclear engineering is probably a much safer bet economically speaking than particle physics as well.

5. Feb 6, 2013 #4
    I cant do Major in Physics as it will put me economically in an Uncertain Condition.Also the society here(I live in Pakistan) deappreciates such carreers as a Bachelors or Masters in Physics..I must do Engg(To be on safer side and thrive here)..So B.S Mechanical Engg is must..Reccomend what further I can choose..:)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook