1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Nuclear Engineering

1. Apr 23, 2006 #1
    Hi.

How is the demand and the $$$$ prospects for a nuclear engineer?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 23, 2006 #2
    Interestingly I'm thinking about taking up this branch or Engineering.

Texas is big on Science&Technolohy. Our to biggest schools UT and A&M have alot of it.

UT(University of Texas) is in Austin, a big technology,liberal ,and thinking town.It's thought to be the smarter of the 2 big universities. Texas A&M is in Bryan-College Station which is a country,conservative, unsophisticated town. Longhorns often make jokesabout Aggies on how they are dumb supposedly. To give you an idea they built a 100ft bonfire and support The Bushes at A&M. Aggies care more about football than Longhorns.

With all this I'm surprised that Texas A&M is the one with te Nuclear Engineering program. Why wouldn't UT Austin have one since it's the big Science&Engineering school in Texas? Weird cause Cal-Tech doesn't have one either but Stanford does.

4. Apr 24, 2006 #3
    i saw people people from nuclear engineering can switch to engineering jobs pretty easy.

maybe u have to take phd on other potential fields.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?