Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Nuclear Engineering

1. Apr 23, 2006 #1
    Hi.

How is the demand and the $$$$ prospects for a nuclear engineer?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 23, 2006 #2
    Interestingly I'm thinking about taking up this branch or Engineering.

Texas is big on Science&Technolohy. Our to biggest schools UT and A&M have alot of it.

UT(University of Texas) is in Austin, a big technology,liberal ,and thinking town.It's thought to be the smarter of the 2 big universities. Texas A&M is in Bryan-College Station which is a country,conservative, unsophisticated town. Longhorns often make jokesabout Aggies on how they are dumb supposedly. To give you an idea they built a 100ft bonfire and support The Bushes at A&M. Aggies care more about football than Longhorns.

With all this I'm surprised that Texas A&M is the one with te Nuclear Engineering program. Why wouldn't UT Austin have one since it's the big Science&Engineering school in Texas? Weird cause Cal-Tech doesn't have one either but Stanford does.

4. Apr 24, 2006 #3
    i saw people people from nuclear engineering can switch to engineering jobs pretty easy.

maybe u have to take phd on other potential fields.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook