Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Nuclear Fission/Fussion

1. Feb 23, 2008 #1

Is it appropriate to start a thread in the nuclear physics part of the site on both nuclear fission and nuclear fussion. The reason I am asking is because I know the forum guidelines have touched upon bombs and illegal activities, but I do not intend to do either.

Thanks. _Mayday_
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 23, 2008 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

That topic is more appropriate in the Nuclear Engineering forum.

4. Feb 23, 2008 #3
    Thanks Zz, I'd rather be sure than do something against the rules. It may have sounded like an pbvious question, but that was not the case wth me.

5. Feb 23, 2008 #4

Gold Member

At the very least, I'd consider calling it nuclear fusion. :tongue:
  6. Feb 23, 2008 #5
    I thought if one had an s then so should the other! =]
  7. Feb 23, 2008 #6

Staff: Mentor

Fission and fusion are commonly discussed in the Nuclear Engineering forum, although some aspects related to the physics are discussed in the High Energy, Nuclear, Particle Physics Forum.
  8. Feb 23, 2008 #7

Gold Member

I didn't mean any offense, Mayday. I just like to play with words. Welcome to Dangerland.
  9. Feb 24, 2008 #8
    Ah ok then, thanks for that I would have posted in the Particle Physics forum, but my questions are quite simple and are relatively basic. Thanks.

I'll post in a while though I'll do some more research into it before I ask a question. o:)

I know you didn't :smile:
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?