1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Nuclear stuff?

  1. Jan 21, 2012 #1
    Can you go to grad school and just study nuclear physics or nuclear stuff?
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 21, 2012 #2


    User Avatar
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

    Usually there are requirements to take classes in mathematics and other areas of physics, but one can certainly study nuclear physics.

    See the options here - http://www.pa.msu.edu/grad/


    The Physics & Astronomy Grad Student Handbook - see Appendix A http://www.pa.msu.edu/grad/GradHandbook081110.pdf

    One should look into Nuclear Physics programs at these schools:
    Michigan State University
    East Lansing, MI

    Massachusetts Institute of Technology
    Cambridge, MA

    University of Washington
    Seattle, WA

    Stony Brook University--SUNY
    Stony Brook, NY

    Indiana University--Bloomington
    Bloomington, IN

    Yale University
    New Haven, CT

    California Institute of Technology
    Pasadena, CA

    Duke University
    Durham, NC

    University of California--Berkeley
    Berkeley, CA

    Columbia University
    New York, NY

    University of Illinois--Urbana-Champaign
    Urbana, IL

    Texas A&M University--College Station
    College Station, TX
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  4. Jan 21, 2012 #3
    thanks for the info
  5. Jan 21, 2012 #4
    Also, nuclear engineering certainly qualifies under 'nuclear stuff', and there exist numerous grad programs in that field. A solid program is at Texas A&M, if you can stand being an Aggie.
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook