Number of actual dimensions

I don't have a degree in Physics but studied it in secondary school and I was wondering , Can each point on a sphere be classed as another dimension in relative comparison to like a 1 dimension plane ,two dimension plane ect. ?

Answers and Replies

PeroK
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
2020 Award
Mathematically, a sphere is a two-dimensional surface embedded in three-dimensional space. But, what has this to do with Quantum Physics?

I'm not an actual physicist and put the question up in the wrong thread and but I thought a Quantum Physicist might be able to answer me . Sorry for my postint in the wrong forum.

I don't have a degree in Physics but studied it in secondary school and I was wondering , Can each point on a sphere be classed as another dimension in relative comparison to like a 1 dimension plane ,two dimension plane ect. ?
A plane, by definition is two dimensional, although in linear algebra there is a concept of a "hyperplane," an object of dimension one less than the space it is in. A line is one dimensional.

Last edited:
Maybe plane was the wrong word to say , dimension would be the most appropriate word to say maybe .