• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

Number of credits

• Thread starter Miike012
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

Currently I am only taking 9 cred... does this look bad on a transcript when I am trying to get accepted to another school down the road? Should I take one more class so I am considered full time?

Answers and Replies

gb7nash
Homework Helper
Currently I am only taking 9 cred... does this look bad on a transcript when I am trying to get accepted to another school down the road? Should I take one more class so I am considered full time?
Is this a 4-year university? If so, why are you only taking 9 credits?

We need more information. Do you work full time? Do you have a family you need to spend time with? etc. etc.

If you're just a regular college student who only feels like taking 9 hours, yes, that'll look bad.

Im currently not working. However I will be in march. No kids, just me. And I am going to a two year community college.
I just enrolled into a CAD class right now... So I have 12 cred hours....
The classes that I am taking are...
intro to engineering, Chem, chem lab, trig, and CAD which brings me to 12 cred.

But...Will the person taking more cred than me have a better advantage than me in getting accepted into a engineering school?

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
If you're transferring between universities or from a CC to a university, I don't think it will have an effect. I've never heard of schools taking class load into consideration...it's pretty much GPA and maybe SAT/ACT scores.