Calculating Activation Rate of Customers within 3 Months Post-Purchase

• MHB
  • Thread starter Vidalia
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Product
In summary, every month, the speaker receives two excel sheets with customer data and sales data. They need to calculate the percentage of customers who activated their product within 3 months after their purchase, based on their country.
Vidalia
1) I have a list of customers who have bought a product and consumed it on a certain date.

I receive every month an excel sheet with the following columns:

Customer_Account / Activation_Date / Country /

2) I have another excel sheet with the volume of sales of that product by Country.

I also receive every month this second excel sheet with the following columns :

Customer_Account / Purchase_Date / Country / Store_Purchase /

3) So every month, upon reception of these two files, I need to calculate the percentage (rate) of customers by Country who have activate their product following within the 3 months after their purchase ?

I thank you very much for your great help!

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Hi Vidalia and welcome to MHB. :D

Any thoughts on how to begin? Are you looking for spreadsheet code or just a general answer?

greg1313 said:
Hi Vidalia and welcome to MHB. :D

Any thoughts on how to begin? Are you looking for spreadsheet code or just a general answer?

Hi Greg,

Thank you for your answer. I think If I can have a general answer that can be applied to spreadsheet code, that will be great! But would take any answer.

Thank you very much!

1. How do you define "activation rate" in this context?

In this context, "activation rate" refers to the percentage of customers who have made a purchase within the last 3 months and have also engaged with the product or service in some way, such as using it, providing feedback, or sharing their experience on social media.

2. What data is needed to calculate the activation rate?

The data needed to calculate the activation rate includes the number of customers who have made a purchase within the last 3 months and the number of those customers who have also engaged with the product or service in some way.

3. How do you calculate the activation rate?

The activation rate can be calculated by dividing the number of customers who have made a purchase and engaged with the product or service by the total number of customers who have made a purchase within the last 3 months. This number can then be multiplied by 100 to get the percentage.

4. Why is it important to calculate the activation rate?

Calculating the activation rate allows businesses to understand how many customers are actively engaging with their product or service after making a purchase. This can help them identify areas for improvement and measure the success of their customer retention strategies.

5. How can the activation rate be used to improve customer retention?

By analyzing the activation rate, businesses can identify which customers are most likely to engage with their product or service and target them with personalized retention strategies. This can help increase customer satisfaction and loyalty, leading to a higher activation rate in the future.