Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Number of posts on the forum.

1. Jun 29, 2013 #1
    Any chance I am getting close to the record? jk :)

I have seen many in the tens of thousands, has anyone cracked 6 figures yet?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 29, 2013 #2

Danger

Gold Member

Posts in General Discussion aren't counted, so I suspect that a few of us are close to six or seven figures. I know that probably 90% of my posts have been here.

4. Jun 29, 2013 #3
    How about that, I never noticed...

So there is no way to know.
    Seven figures?!? They must not have a television :)

5. Jun 29, 2013 #4

Danger

Gold Member

It's called multi-tasking. My TV is on all of the time that I'm awake. The only thing that I watch live is the news. Everything else is taped and then watched with the commercials zapped.

6. Jun 29, 2013 #5
    I love TiVo :)

7. Jun 29, 2013 #6

Danger

Gold Member

Same idea, but different because of being in Canada. I just bought the thing outright for about $350 with no subscription fees.

8. Jun 29, 2013 #7

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I've always wondered how many posts I've made, the ratio has to be close to 50 posts in the lounge to every post outside, although my posting has gone way down in the past year.

9. Jun 29, 2013 #8

Borek

The highest registered number of posts is slightly below 40k.

10. Jun 29, 2013 #9

mfb

2016 Award

With 4.1 million existing posts, 6-digit numbers would be ... a lot. Slightly below 40k is still slightly below 1% of all posts ever done here.

Doc Al has a post counter of 39,541.

11. Jun 29, 2013 #10

Evo

Is there a way to find out how many total posts one has made? These would include posts in the lounge that don't count. I know I must have a couple of hundred thousand total posts, easily, at the rate I posted in the lounge as opposed to outside, unless early posts were counted before they no longer registered, I'm pretty sure that my post level dropped a few years ago, back when I was posting heavily in GD, but I still have a problem believing my post count could be that high. :surprised

Maybe it just feels like I have made that many irrelevant posts.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
  12. Jun 29, 2013 #11
    Admins do have access to your entire post count. I'm not sure if they want to spend the time manually informing users.

13. Jun 29, 2013 #12

Borek

Greg may have access to better information, but it is quite likely that to count all posts in all forums posts he would have to access the database directly. I am not aware of any way of checking totals from the vBulletin level.

14. Jun 29, 2013 #13
    If you have access to the admin cp, you should be able to do it pretty simply. I've done it on vBulletin countless times. That is assuming you have the admin password. I know plenty of websites where users get the admin title but no admin password though.

15. Jun 29, 2013 #14
    So all we need is for one of the admins to post the password :)

Sounds like Doc Al holds the record without a full count for Evo...

16. Jun 29, 2013 #15

Evo

LOL, yeah!

Doc Al is awesome, and all of those posts were quality posts.

I want to know how many of my posts consisted of only LOL!

17. Jun 29, 2013 #16
    All the contributors are awesome, especially with the occasional LOL :)

18. Jun 29, 2013 #17

Danger

Gold Member

Those LOL's are critical, as they contribute to someone getting a humour badge. :biggrin:

19. Jun 30, 2013 #18

mfb

2016 Award

How?
    The highest postcounter is in the general statistics, but that does not really help (I think that will show Doc Al). If you have access to "execute SQL query", it is easy, but that is equivalent to database access.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook