What sections are most popular on the PF forum?

• Suggestion
  • Thread starter José Ricardo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Section
In summary, the conversation suggests the idea of displaying the number of posts in each section of the forum to understand what interests the community and what topics are most frequently discussed. However, one member points out that individual interests may not reflect the overall activity in a particular section. Another member agrees with the idea and mentions the previous removal of post counts from the homepage due to the high activity in all forums.
José Ricardo
You guys could put the number of posts by each section, I think we would discover what interests more in the forum and what people study more.

Physics news on Phys.org
José Ricardo said:
You guys could put the number of posts by each section, I think we would discover what interests more in the forum and what people study more.
Why not just be concerned with what YOU are interested in and go to those sections?

Likes José Ricardo
Hi Phinds, Now you'll understand me, an example:
upload_2018-10-7_11-18-44.png

See you. Topics and messages of each section, could be like that.

Attachments

• upload_2018-10-7_11-18-44.png
    upload_2018-10-7_11-18-44.png
    21.3 KB · Views: 389
I get this print from pir2.forumeiros.com

Yes, I'm quite aware of what you are talking about. This is not the only forum I'm on. I just don't see the need for it here on PF. Again, why not just focus on the subjects YOU are interested in.

Likes José Ricardo
"why not just focus on the subjects YOU are interested in."
Ahhhh. Now I understood. It's a good idea! I thought you weren't understanding me , sorry kkkkkkkkkkkkkk. I was banished by 2 weeks because of linguistic problems (the majority of the threads). I
This would be a great idea.

Last edited:
José Ricardo said:
Besides Phinds advice which makes sense you have to consider more than just replies.
If you analysed my posts you would think I visit for music and biology which is not correct, I just happen to know a lot more about those subjects than physics and if the topic is interesting then I will post.
Same with maths and the maths challenges, I will open the thread write down the questions I think I may half a chance with, then have a go at them.
I have never posted on those either as yet.

Likes José Ricardo
A few years ago we decided to remove counts from the homepage because PF has a lot of posts in every forum and at a certain point it just becomes meaningless noise. Every forum we have here is sufficiently active.

Likes José Ricardo, Tom.G, pinball1970 and 4 others

What is the significance of the number of posts per section?

The number of posts per section can give insight into the popularity and activity level of a specific section. It can also help identify which topics or sections are most engaging to the community.

How is the number of posts per section calculated?

The number of posts per section is calculated by counting the total number of posts within a specific section. This includes both original posts and replies to those posts.

What is considered a high number of posts per section?

There is no specific number that can be considered universally high as it can vary depending on the size and activity level of the community. However, a consistently high number of posts per section compared to other sections in the same community could be an indication of a popular and engaging topic.

Can the number of posts per section be manipulated?

It is possible for the number of posts per section to be manipulated by creating multiple accounts or posting irrelevant or duplicate content. However, most platforms have measures in place to detect and prevent such manipulation.

How can the number of posts per section be used for research purposes?

The number of posts per section can be used as a quantitative data point for research purposes. It can be analyzed along with other metrics to understand the behavior and trends of the community, as well as identify potential areas for further investigation.