Number pattern or what 34|48|21|25|74|57

• Thread starter JamesU
  • Start date
In summary, the problem being discussed is a series of numbers separated by vertical bars. The participants are unsure if there is a specific pattern or significance to these numbers, but they are not related to absolute value or division. One participant suggests that the positioning of 4s, 2s and 7s may be relevant and they plan to continue investigating the problem.
JamesU
Gold Member
does anyone reckognise this problem? I know I'm supposed to 'think simple' I don't know if it's a number pattern or what

34|48|21|25|74|57

and no it's not absolute value

Physics news on Phys.org
yomamma said:
does anyone reckognise this problem? I know I'm supposed to 'think simple' I don't know if it's a number pattern or what

34|48|21|25|74|57

and no it's not absolute value

Did you just put those there to separate the numbers or are they actually a part of the problem?

yes, they're part of the problem. I'm not sure if they have any significace or not

Well I have seen | used as, a | b, meaning a divides b. Which means that b = qa where q is an integer. However, that does not seem like it would apply here.

I know that math isn't involved

Maybe something with the way the 4s, 2s, and 7s are positioned? I'll post tomorrow and see if I can figure this out.

1. What is a number pattern?

A number pattern is a sequence of numbers that follows a specific rule or pattern. It can be a repeating pattern or a series of numbers that increase or decrease in a certain way.

2. How do you find the next number in a number pattern?

To find the next number in a number pattern, you need to identify the pattern or rule that the numbers are following. Once you understand the pattern, you can use it to predict the next number in the sequence.

3. What is the pattern in the numbers 34, 48, 21, 25, 74, 57?

The pattern in these numbers is not clear at first glance. However, upon closer inspection, you can see that the numbers are alternating between adding and subtracting 13 in a specific order.

4. Can you continue the number pattern after 57?

Based on the pattern identified in the previous question, the next number in this sequence would be 70. The numbers would then continue in the pattern of subtracting and adding 13, resulting in the sequence 70, 83, 70, 83, etc.

5. How can number patterns be used in real life?

Number patterns are used in a variety of ways in real life, from predicting stock market trends to understanding natural phenomena. For example, identifying patterns in weather data can help predict future weather patterns. Number patterns are also used in computer programming and cryptography.