Mastering Number Sequences: Solving the Hardest Challenges on Fibonicci

In summary, there is a website that features number sequences, and one person made a bet that they could solve them all. They are now struggling with a particularly difficult sequence and have reached out for help. Another person has provided a potential solution, but it is not clear if it is correct. Some people have expressed frustration with the website and the concept of these number sequences.
Snubb
Hello All,

Well to make the Story short, I made a little bet in school that I could solve all the number sequences on a site, but now's the joke. I can't

Ye ye , stop laughing But really I can handle myself at numbers normally pretty well, but this seems out of my league

Can anyone solve this ?

-2 3 27 69 129 …For those interested, this is the site, and was making the hard test ofc.http://www.fibonicci.com/en/number-sequences

The Attempt at a Solution

It seems to be something like (x^n)-y

help :-)

Physics news on Phys.org
You sure it doesn't start with -5?

yes i am sure it doesn't start with -5 :)

And I already mailed the website, but haven't gotten any reply

Have been cracking my brain on it for hours, it isn't funny anymore :(
This is def. one of, if not the hardest test i made on the web lol.

pwned :))

Last edited:
I went to the site you posted and saw this problem among the hard problems group. The potential answers given are 178, 207, 268, and 312.

I choose 207.

Here's my reasoning:
-2 = the starting number
3 = 22 + (-1)
27 = 52 + 2
69 = 82 + 5
129 = 112 + 8
The pattern here seems to be that the number being squared increases by 3 each time, and the number added to the square also increases by 3 each time.
The next number in the list should be
142 + 11 = 196 + 11 = 207, which just happens to be one of the possible answers.

You're Awesome!

But doesn't taht make the start nuymber -3

(-1^2)-4

^^

Well, there's that.

Anyway, -2 = -3 for very small values of -2.:wink:

These problems are all sort of dumb.

For each sequence, there are infinitely many rule sets you can generate which will give you any answer you can possibly concoct. With no restrictions on the rules, the game is an exercise in futility.

What is a number sequence?

A number sequence is a list of numbers that follow a specific pattern or rule. Examples include arithmetic sequences, where each number is found by adding a constant number to the previous number, and geometric sequences, where each number is found by multiplying a constant number to the previous number.

What makes a number sequence hard?

A number sequence can be considered hard if it does not follow a simple pattern or rule, making it difficult to predict the next number in the sequence. Some number sequences may also require advanced mathematical concepts or techniques to solve.

How can I solve a hard number sequence?

The first step in solving a hard number sequence is to carefully observe the given numbers and try to identify any patterns or rules. You can also try using different mathematical techniques, such as algebraic equations or geometric shapes, to find a solution. It may also be helpful to look for similar problems or examples to gain insight on how to approach the sequence.

Are there any tips for solving number sequences?

Yes, some tips for solving number sequences include: breaking the sequence into smaller parts, looking for common differences or ratios between the numbers, and trying out different mathematical operations or patterns. It is also important to pay attention to any given clues or hints and to not overthink the problem.

Why are number sequences important in science?

Number sequences play a crucial role in many scientific fields, such as mathematics, physics, and genetics. They help scientists understand and describe patterns and relationships in data, make predictions and projections, and develop and test theories and models. Number sequences also have practical applications in fields such as computer programming, cryptography, and data analysis.